In Quebec, the majority of people who died of the COVID-19 came from six institutions for seniors, announced on Thursday that François Legault.
Quebec now has 10 912 cases of people infected with the coronavirus, including 216 deaths.
Ninety-nine percent of the people died of the COVID-19 were 60 years or more, specified the prime minister at the daily press conference on the state of the spread of the virus.
It is this fact, that François Legault as the priority of public health authorities is the protection of seniors, who are at much higher risk than the rest of the population to die of coronavirus.
“We’ve got six NURSING homes where the majority of deaths, where it is critical”, he stressed.
The CHSLD Laflèche, in the Mauricie region, is the hardest hit, with 20 deaths, followed closely by the CHSLD Sainte-Dorothée of Laval, where 16 people have died so far after having been infected by the coronavirus.
In Montreal, the accommodation centres, Notre-Dame-de-la-Merci, The Room and Alfred-Desrochers are considered as foci of outbreak important. Same thing for the CHSLD Laflèche, in the Mauricie region, and the CHSLD La pinière of the Laval.
Here are other statements made during the press briefing daily:
- The containment should last longer for the seniors, ” said François Legault.
- Public health will accept “a certain degree of transmission in the community” to ensure that the virus is extinguished, ” said Dr. Horacio Arruda.
- Québec intends to financially support the festivals once it will be possible to raise.
More details to come…
– With the collaboration of Vincent Larin, QMI Agency
Dated as of April 9, 2020, 13h, the situation is the following:
- 10 912 confirmed cases (881 new cases)
- 216 deaths (41 deaths)
- 679 people in hospital (increase of 47)
- 196 people to the intensive care unit (increase of 15)
- 102 463 analyses negative (if overturned)
- Bas-Saint-Laurent: 33
- Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean: 123 (+ 5)
- Capitale-Nationale: 412 (+ 20)
- Mauricie-et-Centre-du-Québec: 648 (+ 34)
- Estrie: 620 (+ 23)
- Montreal: 5262 (+ 487)
- Ottawa: 131 (+ 1)
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue: 119 (+ 8)
- North Shore: 81 (+ 6)
- Nord-du-Québec: 2
- Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine: 79 (+ 4)
- Chaudière-Appalaches: 207 (+ 18)
- Laval: 897 (+ 66)
- Lanaudière: 664 (+ 84)
- The laurentians: 516 (+ 57)
- Montérégie: 1108 (+ 74)
- Nunavik: 5
- Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie-James: 5
- Total: 10 912