The schools will remain closed at least until mid-may, but the government Legault could allow more workers to send their children in services of care of an emergency.
After they caused an outcry, there is a period of ten days, by opening the door to a new school year before may 4, François Legault is now cautious when it comes the time to discuss this crucial issue of the déconfinement.
The prime minister believes that the Education network will need two weeks to prepare for the reopening of schools, when the time comes to decide.
“The day that I’m going to tell you that we reopened the schools, it’s going to be in a minimum of two weeks”, he said Monday, during the daily press conference on the state of spread of the coronavirus.
But the government could expand the childcare services of an emergency to other jobs. At present, daycares and CPE, and the services of school child care, are available only to workers who are struggling in the front line against the COVID-19, such as nurses, doctors and police officers.
“It is part, indeed, of the things that we look at, to expand child care services for employees, who must then who can return to work. It’s part of the scenarios that are being considered,” said François Legault.
- Listen to the analysis from the point of release of the government with Geneviève Pettersen and Vincent Dessureault at QUB Radio:
One thing is certain, the return to normal will be gradual. Moreover, François Legault believes that it is necessary to begin to déconfiner to not see the problem in September. “We should not put everything at the same time in the fall, it would be risky on the side of health, thus it is necessary to go gradually, both on the business side, that services care, that school is really what we are doing. For now, we begin with the companies”, he said.
- Listen to the interview of the ceo of the Coalition priorité cancer au Québec with Jonathan Trudeau at QUB Radio:
Almost 20 000 cases in Quebec
Quebec there are 19 933 cases is 962 more than the previous day, and 62 new deaths for a total of 939 since the beginning of the crisis.
- It still lacks about 2000 people to work in NURSING homes, ” says François Legault.
- François Legault announced that it had summoned the unions to quickly settle the question of the remuneration of the orderlies.
- François Legault, asked the staff of the health regions that are less affected to go to Montreal to lend a hand. Québec has provided hotels to accommodate staff of the health regions who will go to work in NURSING homes to Montreal for two weeks.
- 2195 students in health have offered their assistance to work in a CHSLD.
- 86 % of the patients admitted to the intensive care unit in Quebec, will survive the virus, said Dr. Horacio Arruda.
- The measures of social distancing have saved tens of thousands of lives in Quebec, ” said Dr. Horacio Arruda.
– With the collaboration of TVA News, and Vincent Larin (QMI Agency)
The balance sheet of the COVID-19 in Quebec
- 62 new deaths, for a total of 939
- 19 319 confirmed cases, an increase of 962 ,
- 1169 hospitalized persons, an increase of 67
- 198 people to the intensive care unit, an increase of 15
- 3847 people healed
Number of confirmed cases by region
- Bas-Saint-Laurent : 34
- Saguenay – Lac-Saint-Jean : 239
- Capitale-Nationale : 615
- Mauricie-et-Centre-du-Québec region : 989
- Estrie : 787
- Montreal : 8 964
- Ottawa: 214
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue: 147
- North Shore: 110
- Nord-du-Québec: 7
- Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine: 125
- Chaudière-Appalaches : 333
- Laval : 2 095
- Lanaudière : 1 406
- The laurentians : 869
- Montérégie : 2 366
- Nunavik : 14
- Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie-James: 5
All of Quebec: 19 319
Number of deaths by region
- Bas-Saint-Laurent : 1
- Saguenay – Lac-Saint-Jean : 11
- Capitale-Nationale : 28
- Mauricie-et-Centre-du-Québec : 65
- Estrie : 22
- Montreal : 525
- Outaouais : 1
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue : 2
- Côte-Nord : 0
- Nord-du-Québec : 0
- Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine : 6
- Chaudière-Appalaches : 7
- Laval : 165
- Lanaudière : 33
- The laurentians : 10
- Montérégie : 55
- Nunavik : 0
- Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie-James : 0
- Region to determine : 8
Total : 939