After swallowing a chewing gum called a “magic ball” the young Célia, aged 12, died last August.
Angélique Cortot has launched an online petition, “Celia my fight», To alert parents to the dangers of magic balls, chewing gum, which caused the death of her daughter by suffocation this summer. Tuesday, December 22, the mother had already collected nearly 30,000 signatures.
Read also :Employees have the right to more leave after the death of a child
Angélique Cortot put the petition online a week ago and it has already collected a good number of signatures. “When my daughter put the magic ball in her mouth, she did not have time to put it to the side, the ball slipped directly on the tongue and went deep into her throat», Explains Angélique to France Bleu. This petition is therefore a way to make things happen.
According to the mother, 127 children are victims of these magic balls every year. Angélique Cortot hopes to make the manufacturer listen to reason so that it reduces the size of the candy on the one hand. “The magic ball is a 2.2 cm ball, I want a decrease in diameter, a child’s trachea is 1.8 cm“, She confides before explaining that”mixed with saliva the candy got stuck and it was impossible to peel it off“. On the other hand, she wants an age limit to appear on the package but also that parents remain attentive to the consumption of these products by their children.