The communal transmission of the COVID-19 now extends across Quebec, while the government Legault enacts the movement controls in two new regions: Charlevoix, quebec and Rouyn-Noranda.
“So, from 16 hours today, we are going to add control points police to these places to control, to limit the comings and goings on these two new territories, the goal being, of course, always to strengthen the implementation of directives of public health in avoiding any non-essential movement in and around these regions. It adds up to the list that has already been made public for a week,” said the minister of public Safety, Genevieve Guilbault, Saturday, during the press briefing daily, in replacement of the prime minister François Legault.
The coronavirus continues to spread in Quebec : the new balance sheet reflects 14 additional deaths and 896 new cases for a total of 6997 confirmed cases.
Geneviève Guilbault has also invited Quebecers continued to comply with the measures put in place since mid-march. Otherwise, the police will be called to intervene, she added.
“This is not the time to be selfish and to think of his little person. We can not accept at this stage that individuals continue to undermine the collective efforts”, said Ms. Guilbault.
The deputy prime minister has hammered the importance of denouncing the people who don’t follow the rules of containment and social distancing.
“We don’t want to fall into a climate of on a suspicion, but it is necessary to ensure that people do not deliberately endanger the lives of other people”, wished to clarify Geneviève Guilbault.
- 14 additional deaths (total of 75 deaths)
- 896 new cases (total of 6997 confirmed cases)
- 478 people in hospital (increase of 49)
- 130 people to the intensive care unit (increase of 8)
- 3879 people under investigation
- 83 230 analyses negative (if overturned)
- Bas-Saint-Laurent : 27
- Saguenay – Lac-Saint-Jean : 55
- Capitale-Nationale Region : 309
- Mauricie-et-Centre-du-Québec : 431
- Estrie : 499
- Montreal : 3261
- Ottawa : 85
- Abitibi-Témiscamingue : 76
- North Shore : 49
- Nord-du-Québec : 2
- Gaspésie-Îles-de-la-Madeleine : 43
- Chaudière-Appalaches : 139
- Laval : 569
- Lanaudière : 393
- The laurentians : 371
- Montérégie : 683
- Nunavik : 2
- Terres-Cries-de-la-Baie-James : 3
Total : 6997
More details to come…