New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees will have to find a new favorite target for a game Monday night against the Raiders in Las Vegas as wide receiver Michael Thomas will not be on the field .
The Saints announced the news on Saturday, on their Twitter account.
Thomas injured his right ankle in the game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the first week of NFL activity. According to the NFL Network, the injury is more serious than the Saints have suggested. Thus, Thomas could be absent for several weeks, he who has not taken part in a single training of his own this week.
Against the “Bucs”, the star receiver had only caught three balls for gains of 17 yards.
Other significant absentees
The poolers will have to be vigilant before completing their roster for the second week since several important players will be missing:
• George Kittle, tight end, San Francisco 49ers
• Phillip Lindsay, running back, Denver Broncos
• Chris Godwin, wide receiver, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
• AJ Brown, wide receiver, Tennessee Titans
• Jack Doyle, tight end, Indianapolis Colts
• Kenny Golladay, wide receiver, Detroit Lions