Find out when the Orthodox celebrated Mardi Gras in 2019 and traditions of the holiday.
Date Shrovetide – winter farewell 2019, as they say – is associated with Easter as Carnival 2019 is celebrated immediately before lent, informs Rus.Media.
Carnival and Easter 2019 date
Orthodox Easter is Easter 2019 – Ukraine will celebrate on April 28.
Accordingly, the Oil 2019 will be held from 4 to March 10 inclusive. All the days of the Maslenitsa week have names, and Thursday begins the so-called Wide Maslenitsa:
- Monday – carnival meeting;
- Tuesday – zaigryshi;
- Wednesday – gourmet: mother-in-law’s name is on the pancakes with their wives;
- in a wide Thursday arrange sleigh rides and sledding;
- Friday – Teschin evening (party): name is already sons-in-law mother-in-law to treat;
- Saturday – zolovkina gatherings: visit name sisters of the husband.
- Sunday – “forgiveness Sunday” or “forgiveness day”: the day asking forgiveness from each other, and also hold a farewell pancake, they burned an effigy of Maslenitsa.
Menu, pancakes on Shrove Tuesday
Pancakes are associated with the sun. In ancient times they ate nothing hands: it was believed that if chop or cut the pancake with a knife, you will land yourself in trouble.
Monday. Better to start with the classics. Choose the most simple pancakes on Shrove Tuesday – and forward. Choosing pancakes – a recipe for water do not miss.
Tuesday. Sweet pancake – perfect day.
Environment. Pancakes on Shrove Tuesday fat – the most delicious, so for “sweet”. Alternatively, it is possible to please the son-in-law pancakes with beer.
Thursday. Pancakes on kefir.
Friday. Great choice – pancakes on milk.
Saturday. For a chick flick perfect pancakes fitness.
Sunday. Super thin pancakes is best suited for a variety of toppings, and the Mardi Gras such need.