Servings : 4 | Preparation : 15 min | Cooking : 15 min
- 55 g (2 oz) of bacon
- 680 g (1.5 lb) of sirloin steak, chopped or other chopped beef
- 170 g (6 oz) shredded smoked cheddar cheese or other cheese, coarsely grated
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- Freshly ground black pepper in large quantity
For the service
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tbsp melted butter (optional)
- Rocket leaves, washed
- Tomato slices
- Slices of onion
- Mayonnaise chipotle
- Preheat the grill to high heat and place the bacon on the grid. Brown the bacon for 2 to 4 min, until crisp. Remove the bacon on paper towels. Let stand at room temperature, then slice thinly.
- Put the ground beef in a bowl. Add the bacon, grated cheese, garlic and a good amount of salt and pepper. Mix with a wooden spoon. Is moisten hands with cold water and divide the meat into equal portions. Shape meatballs burger 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
- Place the meatballs on a plate, cover with plastic wrap and let rest in the refrigerator until time to cook. Coat inside of bread with melted butter (if desired).
- Again heat the barbecue to high heat. Cook the hamburger patties 4 to 6 minutes each side (or as needed) in a frying pan to barbecue or grill, freestanding, 4 to 5 min in all if they cook on a grill to direct contact.
- Toast the buns on the grill 1 to 2 min. Drop a meatball on each of the buns and garnish with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, relish and any other condiment of your choice.