To start is to try to do it without the help of professionals.
According to statistics, as many as 15% of children aged 1-5 years have trouble sleeping. They can significantly tired for the day, and even want to sleep, but when it comes to sleep does not help either lullaby or counting sheep, no other methods. Why is this happening? Here is the place to be insomnia, informs Rus.Media.
Children’s insomnia also exists, as strange as it may sound. And it can occur for different reasons. Here are the main ones:
- poor health;
- stress (due to family problems/kindergarten/school);
- fear, panic;
- teething at a younger age.
Needless time at the gadgets also provokes anxiety.
Added to this is also a habit of falling asleep after sickness. As well as difficulties falling asleep, when parents are not around, and we need to sleep in separate beds.
The main method of diagnosis of insomnia – careful monitoring of the regularity of the manifestations of insomnia. What factors could you point it out?
- The child wakes up early and constantly complains of fatigue.
- During the night she wakes up and goes to sleep with difficulty.
- Significantly reduced concentration and memory.
- Susceptibility to frequent mood swings.
Many parents mistakenly believe that baby can’t sleep in the evening due to the fact that the day was not very active. But this is not so. If sleep disturbance is systematic, then the wasted energy is not to blame.
How to help?
What to do if the symptoms of insomnia have become systematic? To take her decision. To start is to try to do it without the help of professionals. We recommend the following methods:
- The correct mode of wakefulness-sleep. It needs to be contrast. That is, during the day it must be active games, exercises, exercise, help for parents, bright light. And in the evening – the most opposite things: dim lights, no noise, gadgets, the obligatory rituals of bedtime, the ventilation of the room, quiet games or reading books.
That is, the child needs to clearly distinguish between when it’s time to go to bed and to adjust accordingly to your body. Over time, biological clock, too, will enter into the rhythm of it.
- Comfortable and favorite sleeping place. Well, if you will choose under the guidance of the little helper, and bed. Your task is to take care of the correct mattress and pillow, and the child’s task is to choose the style and color.
Sometimes children are afraid to sleep because of the darkness. If this problem takes place, will buy together a beautiful night light where you can adjust the light level. So gradually it will lessen.
- Diet. It is also important. If there are products from which the child may be bloating, or after the use of which she feels ill, do not experiment. Eliminate them from the diet.
Watch out also for the meal. The latest should be no later than 2 hours before bedtime. Otherwise there can be problems with digestion.
- Massage. Sometimes muscle tension can also cause problems with falling asleep. It does not take the time daily to do massage, adding to its arms. No need to be a specialist or to undergo special courses of strokes and kneading will suffice.
- A sense of security. Anxiety is a strong factor influencing sleep. First and foremost, find out what caused it, and try to set the child on a calm, positive way. When it will be able to make use of important knowledge. The child may be well-learned information in 15 minutes after he departed the realm of Morpheus.
At this time, you can repeat a few phrases that will act as auditory training. For example: “We love you very much”, “You are healthy” “You feel good, sleep soundly, nothing ever bothers you”, “All the problems and worries that arise, can you share with us and we will help you”.
If these simple methods do not help, and did you notice uncharacteristic aggression, then you should consult your doctor for more detailed examination, and destination therapy.
Treatment can be in the use of various types of sedatives, psychotherapy for all members of the family, as well as aromatherapy.
Be alert to all violations of the normal day of a child’s life, and may his dream always be strong and healthy.