At least 270 new cases of COVID-19 of the Quebec and Ontario alourdissaient Saturday, the balance of the number of cases, but the two provinces are testing more than ever.
In total, 116 599 people have been officially declared positive to the new coronavirus since the start of the health crisis, of which 39 333 Ontario and 59 458 in Quebec, the main focus in the country.
The quebec authorities have recognized Saturday 146 additional cases and four new deaths, bringing the total to 5678 dead.
In addition, Quebec has reached a new record of tests with 18 437 screens in 24 hours. In total, the Province has been able to test 1 238 946 individuals, according to the most recent figures that date back to July 30.
The quebec minister of Health, Christian Dubé, has also noted a “new record of screening tests,” while insisting to say that we also had “can also reduce the spread of cases.”
In Ontario, a neighboring province, there have been 124 cases and two deaths for a total of 2777 deaths recorded since the beginning of the pandemic.
In terms of the laboratories in ontario, they had been able to test 33 of 282 people, in 24 hours, for a total of 2 205 254.
A coast-to-coast, more than 4 million people have been tested since the beginning of the crisis and in the course of the last week, average 40 665 people have been screened each day, with a little more than 1 % received a positive result.
This is what has made know Saturday Dr. Theresa Tam, director-in-chief of the public health agency of Canada, which has taken advantage of its platform to encourage Canadians to participate in physical activity for maintaining their physical health and their mental well-being.
“We can all stay active and safe this summer by following public health practices that are proven, by being aware of the risks posed by different activities and by making informed choices”, she stated.
The situation in Canada:
- Québec: 59 458 cases (5678 death)
- Ontario: 39 333 cases (2777 death)
- Alberta: 10 843 cases (196 deaths) (figures as of Friday)
- British Columbia: 3641 case (195 deaths) (figures as of Friday)
- Saskatchewan: 1334 cases (18 deaths)
- Nova Scotia: 1069 cases (64 deaths)
- Manitoba: 417 cases (8 deaths)
- Newfoundland and Labrador: 266 cases (3 deaths)
- New Brunswick: 170 cases (2 deaths)
- Île-du-Prince-Édouard: 36 cases
- Yukon territory: 14 cases
- The North-West territories: 5 cases
- Nunavut: 0 cases
- Canadian returnees: 13 case
Total: 116 599 cases (8941 death)