Before a reduction of cases of infection to the COVID-19, Quebec déconfine gradually. The Quebecers made their way to a semblance of normal life, just in time for the arrival of beautiful days.
Here you will find all the latest news and announcements from the government Legault and public health in connection with the déconfinement progressive in the province.
Rallies outside permit:
- Maximum of 10 people.
- The distance of two metres must be respected.
- It is not necessary to “end the evening” on the inside.
- Guests can use the bathroom.
- Retail businesses that have an exterior door independent may open today in Montreal (they were already open outside of Montreal).
- The food stores can now open on Sundays.
- The pharmacies are open (opening hours may, however, be modified or reduced).
Schools and childcare
- The primary schools outside of Montreal are reopened (those of greater Montreal will remain closed until next September).
- Care services are allowed to re-open outside of Montreal (the greater Montreal will re-open on the 1st of June).
- Day camps may open as early as June 22, next everywhere in Quebec.
- The secondary schools will be closed throughout the province until September next, at least.
Therapeutic care (from 1 June): Dentistry, physiotherapy, osteopathy, occupational therapy, chiropractic, massage therapy, psychology, optometry, acupuncture, naturopathy, homeopathy, social work, marriage & family therapist, sex therapy, nutrition, speech pathology and audiology, podiatry, complementary medicine or alternative, grooming of the animals.
Beauty treatments (from 1st June): hairdressing Salons and barbers, centers of aesthetics, business of manicure and pedicure services, hair removal, skin care, and studios tattoo and piercing.
Sports, recreation, and outdoor activities
- Since 20 may, the “recreation sports individual or both, without physical contact, in free practice, in the places of practice outside”, are permitted (golf, tennis, hiking, etc..).
- Parks of the Sépaq: reopening of some hiking trails, biking trails and fishing for the day. Stays camping and fishing are still suspended.
- Parks Canada: re-opening of some trails from the 1st of June. Camping is not permitted until at least 21 June.
- The trails have been reopened on 24 may: the lovers of four-wheeled (quad) can practice this activity.
- Museums, libraries (lending services only, with no movement in the spokes) and drive-in theatres across Quebec will be able to resume their activities starting may 29.
- Recovery operations for the recording studios and for live performances in a theater (without an audience) from the 1st of June.
- The venues are always closed.
- The filming of drama in film and tv are still not able to resume.
- The dining rooms of the restaurants are still closed, but the orders for take-out, delivery and drive-thrus are allowed.
- Closed circuits of water and baths in spas, gyms, arenas and other sports halls, as well as theatres, cinemas and shops in a shopping centre.
- The campgrounds are still closed.
Here are all the latest developments in connection with the déconfinement
Chips to meet the distancing physical
A company of the Mauricie has developed tags that will ring, vibrate or light up, when two people do not meet the distancing physics of two metres.
Companies willing to adopt teleworking in the long term
Office Configuration, different or downright telecommute permanently: the reorganization of work within large companies in the Montreal city centre is already running and could have a serious impact on the traffic in the shops.
Churches will want to reopen their doors
The catholic churches are impatient and say they are willing to reopen their doors to believers, then that starts the déconfinement in the province.
Strict measures at dealers
The auto dealerships have resumed their activities, but the pandemic of sars coronavirus causes them to change the organization of their compound.