These are the 14 players of the Tigers of the Louisiana State University (LSU), who were selected by a panel of the NFL, during the draft 2020 held from Thursday to Saturday.
This mark allows the program led by head coach Ed Orgeron to match the record set by the Buckeyes of Ohio State in 2004.
When editing 2020, 12 teams in the circuit Goodell have chosen at least one player from the team that won the national championship in the NCAA this season, including the Bengals in Cincinnati, who selected quarterback Joe Burrow with the first choice of the live auction.
The pivot was then seen four of his teammates to be selected in the first round. It was a secondeurs K Lavon Chaisson (20th – Jacksonville Jaguars) and Patrick Queen (28th – Baltimore Ravens), the recipient of passes Justin Jefferson (22nd – Minnesota Vikings), and the rusher Clyde Edwards-Helaire (32nd – Chiefs Kansas City).
If the 14 players the Tigers have certainly celebrated their selection, one of their team-mates lived through the disappointment of being rejected by 32 teams in the NFL. He is the tight end Thaddeus Moss, the son of the legendary receivers Randy Moss.
Here are the nine other players from LSU who were drafted :
- Grant Delpit – 44th – Marauder – Cleveland Browns
- Kristian Fulton – 61e – a-Half corner – the Titans of Tennessee
- Damian Lewis – 69th – Guard – Seattle Seahawks
- Lloyd Cushenberry – 83RD – Centre – Denver Broncos
- Jacob Phillips – 97th – Linebacker – Cleveland Browns
- Saahdiq Charles – 108th – Tackler offensive – Washington Redskins
- Rashard Lawrence -131st – Tackler defensive – Arizona Cardinals
- Blake Ferguson – 185th – Specialist long discounts – Miami Dolphins
- Stephen Sullivan – 251e – tight End – Seattle Seahawks