E-learning is distance learning, where the educational process takes place with the help of computers and electronic communication over the Internet.
Doctrine is the light, especially in modern life, when, without certain knowledge, skills and abilities impossible to get a job and succeed. And if you have time to attend classes, you can try to develop e-education, informs Rus.Media.
What is it?
E-learning is distance learning, where the educational process takes place with the help of computers and electronic communication over the Internet. The student receives the materials and study on their own and then executes the sent jobs, and then sends them to the teacher for checking and adjustments.
E-education is actively utilized tools such as video chat, email, various ways of demonstrating the information (presentations, online conferences, documents of various formats, webinars, charts and tables). Students and teachers are not in contact personally, but always communicate remotely and interact with each other.
Note! The modern name of the e-learning E-Learning.
All the benefits
Consider all the advantages of e-learning:
- Flexibility of learning schedule. This option is perfect for an adult working person that is not able to attend lectures and get the standard education. The student can independently select and adjust the mode of development of the program and find a comfortable pace, no one will rush you. It is convenient.
- Learning is possible in any place: at home in a private office or on your sofa, at work, in lunch breaks and free moments, on public transport during long trips and even outdoors in a Park or forest if the weather is nice. The ability to change the environment makes the training less burdensome and boring, and in comfort it is better to master the material.
- Easy-to-use information. Students are offered different ways of feeding material, and can choose the most convenient. In addition, if you do not understand the first time, you can easily re-study, and as many times as necessary for full understanding.
- Easy to get in touch with teachers at almost any time. To send completed jobs or clarifications of any misunderstandings, use chat rooms, various messengers, email, audio or video, forums, social networks, in General, all modern methods of remote communications.
- No need to search for the right materials in the methodological literature, publications and so on. Most of the data provided by the teachers, and the rest can be easily found on the Internet.
- Option is ideal for shy, withdrawn and uncommunicative people, introverts, and individuals with disabilities. There is no need to personally communicate with the teacher and other students.
- For many exams online testing much easier. This method reduces the degree of agitation and gives peace of mind.
- The student can self-assess their knowledge and to monitor if e-learning provides evaluation and ratings (they are always available to the student).
- Typically, e-learning is cheaper than standard. This is due to the reducing power, time and money. Teachers don’t need to go anywhere, they can work with students from home. No need to look for, to heat and to illuminate the room, it is not necessary to remove the audience.
The electronic distance learning has some disadvantages:
- The lack of direct supervision by teaching staff reduces the discipline of the students. Some extremely difficult to force yourself to do in your free time, and for a child it is extremely problematic (active participation in the discipline and study will have to take parents).
- Not everyone can focus on learning information, especially if it is provided in the form of online broadcasts or video lectures, that is, in real-time. If the student does not hear anything or turn away, he may miss important points.
- The lack of personal contact with the teacher and with other students. Some consider it a minus, because the time of lively discussion and group discussion interesting and contribute to a more relaxed and effective learning.
- Not always an effective e-learning remotely with a degree that requires mandatory practice and application of acquired skills. For example, chemists need to attend the practical training with experiments.
- Not always the grades they deserve according to the results of the tests. As a student no one is watching, he can answer questions with someone’s help or to seek information on the Internet. To assess the real knowledge is problematic.
- The student with the necessary skills to operate a PC, as well as some technical equipment in the form of equipment to communicate with the teacher (personal computer or laptop, a camera and microphone and some other devices and accessories).
How to make e-learning as effective as possible
The most important point – how to choose distance learning courses. When searching pay attention to such moments:
- The format of the training. It can be synchronous, asynchronous or a combination. During a synchronous learning materials are provided in real time through online conferences or webinars. Communication with the teacher is established in a certain time, and from students requires vigilance and participation. With the asynchronous format, the student simply opens the access to the data, and he examines their own at a convenient time. The combined learning methods are combined.
- Training in group or individual. The last form you will be able to personally contact and communicate with the teacher, to ask him questions. In group format, such a possibility can be provided only during online lessons.
- The program of study. Find out in advance its features to understand suitable option to you specifically. Please specify in what format you will learn how often to be tested, and so on.
- Teacher. If possible, examine the faculty and select the best representative.
- The views of other students. To know the reviews about the different e-learning courses better than the official sites (there may be provided only positive information), and on niche sites or forums.
- The duration of the course. Find out how many sessions it includes, what is the duration of one lesson, how many students is assigned to an independent study of how long testing when training is completed.
- What you get as a result? There are courses, after which students receive diplomas. Immediately specify, provide an official document confirming the education, and what power he has.
If you decide to e-education, let the data in the article, tips and information will help you to choose and take courses to get new useful knowledge and skills.