Servings : 4 | Preparation : 15 min | Cooking time : 4 to 6 min
- 6 slices fresh pineapple, 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick, cut in two
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1/2 c. t. ground cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Set the barbecue to medium power. Brush the pineapple slices in butter on each side. Put the pineapple slices on the oiled grill of the barbecue. Without closing the lid, cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until they are browned (flip slices halfway through baking).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and the cinnamon. Sprinkle the pineapple slices grilled of the mixture with cinnamon, close the lid and continue cooking for 1 to 2 minutes or until the brown sugar has melted. Serve slices of pineapple topped with ice cream, if desired.