The investment is important: 2.55 billion euros over 6 years.Bruno Bernard, the president of the Lyon public transport union specified this Thursday morning the projects of the Metropolis for public transport, included in the mandate plan submitted to the vote of elected officials this morning.
The big news: a cable transmission line
This is a project that should see the light of day in 2025: a cable car will link Francheville to Gerland ! The line should serve 7 or 8 stations over 5.6 km. The Sytral provides for around 20,000 to 25,000 travelers per day, for a journey time of 20 minutes.
Nothing official however, small cabins (around 10 places) are preferred. 160 million euros will be invested for this new project.
Four new tram lines
Another large project, the arrival of four new tram lines:
– The T6 North will end the link between Hospitals-Est and La Doua and through Villeurbanne
– T8 will be connected to T1, between Bellecour and Part-Dieu.
– The T9 will connect Silk at La Doua or Charpennes according to the results of the studies carried out. It will serve in particular the heart of Vaulx-en-Velin and the Saint-Jean district in Villeurbanne
– The T10 should connect Vénissieux station in Gerland passing through the town of Saint-Fons
In addition, 2 new services will be put into service at the start of 2021:
– The connecting T7 “Vaulx-en-Velin La Soie” at “Décines OL Vallée”
– The extension of line T2 toat Hôtel de Région – Montrochet
Finally, SYTRAL will acquire more than 40 new trainsets from 2025.
Extension of metro B
By the end of 2023, metro B will be extended and will link Oullins to Saint-Genis-Laval with two new stations (one in the center of Oullins and one in Saint-Genis-Laval Hôpitaux Sud). The total cost is estimated at 683 million euros.
Ecological buses and a new line with a high level of service
Some changes are also expected on the side of the bus lines, for a total investment of 535 million euros.
Near 400 new vehicles equipped with the latest technologies will be gradually put into service from 2021.
Another novelty, a big bus line is planned for 2025. It should be 20 km long and will link Part-Dieu to Genas. This Center-Est line will also serve Lyon, Villeurbanne, Vaulx-en-Velin, Bron and Chassieu!