You can’t work from home because your job is related to essential services ? The national Institute of public health of Quebec (INSPQ) has prepared for you guides of good practices specific to some thirty trades, for the purpose of limiting to the maximum the communal transmission of the coronavirus.
These recommendations are in addition to those that already exist in the health network. The full guides are on the website of the INSPQ.
Measures of general application for all workers
- Employees must not report to work if they think they have symptoms of the COVID-19, or if they have been declared positive.
- Washing hands with water and soap is mandatory for all. The washing must be frequent and last for 20 seconds.
- Coughing into his elbow bent, or in a handkerchief that is folded up and thrown away immediately.
- A social distancing of two meters is preferred among the employees. Avoid any physical contact with customers or co-workers.
- If the employee can perform the job from home, the employer should give preference to telework.
- Wear long clothing during shifts to avoid direct contact with the skin. At the end of a work shift, wash the clothes the same day.
- Avoid handling the money and the contact hand-to-hand. Contactless payments by card or mobile, should be preferred.
- Focus teams are stable and do not change position throughout the work shift.
- Ensure that during breaks the employees can be at two meters distance from each other.
- Avoid the sharing of common objects.
- Limit the number of customers in the stores. Install markers on the ground to encourage customers to comply with the two meters.
- For the signing of the documents, respecting the distance of two meters when they are transmitted and recovered. The pen must not be shared.
Specific measures by sector of employment
FOOD MARKET AND SHOPS ESSENTIAL
- Provide an employee at the entrance that provides information, such as the washing of the hands and which landmark to people who have symptoms associated with the COVID-19.
- Disinfect the baskets of grocery.
- It does not provide a packing service.
- Suppliers and delivery personnel should not have to enter the premises of the building.
- Clients with symptoms should order it online or ask a relative to do the shopping at their place.
WORKERS IN PUBLIC TRANSPORT
- Minimize the number of customers in the bus, car or train or subway.
- In the absence of a physical barrier in the bus, ordered the first benches to observe the distance of 2 meters.
- Ask passengers not to eat in public transit.
- Charging of securities must be cleaned.
- Ask the people who have symptoms of not taking the public transport.
- For passengers, it is important to avoid to the maximum to touch the poles and handles deductions. Avoid the peak hours to the extent possible.
DELIVERY-TO-HOME (GROCERY STORE, RESTAURANT, PACKAGES…)
- Not to require a signature on receipt, find another mode of validation.
- Maximize pre-payment of orders.
TAXI DRIVER AND CARPOOL
- At the time of the taking in charge of the passenger, ask him if he has symptoms of the COVID-19. If the passenger is reached or symptomatic, ask him to put on a mask or scarf that covers the mouth and nose. If the passenger is not autonomous, it must take an ambulance. The driver must disinfect the vehicle after that.
- Install a physical barrier such as a plexiglas.
- Limit the number of clients. No passenger in the front seat.
- Ventilate the cabin as often as possible.
- Inform people of 70 years and older as well as people who have severe diseases that they can not volunteer in the current context.
- Stagger the hours of services to reduce the number of volunteers present in the body.
- Ask that only one person per family is present in the body.
- Organizations that offer shelters must maintain a list of users and have beds in position foot or space users. If possible, encourage that each user cleans up his / her personal space.
- Establish a schedule for the meal period in order to limit the number of people present.
POLICE AND SECURITY OFFICERS
- Wash the interior of the vehicle, which is frequently affected during the work and don’t put the ventilation of the car in recirculation mode air.
- When it is necessary to intervene with groups, try to do so in 2 meters distance. If this is not possible, make a short intervention in the case of statements of offence, for example (less than 10 to 15 minutes) and wash his hands afterwards.
- If the intervention is longer than 10 to 15 minutes (breathalyzer test) or with an aggressiveness high (bite, spit) wear a mask, eye protection and gloves. After the procedure, dispose of the equipment single-use and sanitize the equipment reusable.
- If a defendant is to be transported in a police vehicle and that he is coughing or has symptoms, make him wear a mask. In the case of non-cooperation, the police officers should keep their masks, eye protection and gloves during the ride.
- If the speaker must travel to the home of a person who has symptoms or who is declared positive to the COVID-19, he must wear a mask, eye protection and gloves before entering.
WORKERS ADMINISTRATIVE, clerical AND CALL CENTER SERVICES ESSENTIAL
- Avoid meetings, physical contact and avoid sharing equipment.
- Clean the keyboards, mice, phones, headsets or any other device of office several times during the work shift.
- Focus on sharing digital documents.
- Limit outings and trips to the strictly necessary.
- All workstations must be cleaned at the end of each quarter.
WORKERS in PETROL STATIONS
- Limiting the number of employees in the trade.
- Clean two times per shift commonly touched surfaces, such as the gasoline dispenser nozzle, fuel pump, door handle, light switches, faucets, telephones, etc ..
TRUCKING CROSS-BORDER, LOCAL AND PROVINCIAL
- Trucking companies are expected to provide hotel rooms that are isolated to their workers for transportation (up to several days.
- Encourage lunch boxes or take-out food.
- Drivers who are returning from a delivery to outside of Canada must avoid the most possible to get out of the house and limit contact with their families during the time of rest between each transport.
WORKERS IN CONSTRUCTION SITES
- If it is possible, give priority to the transport of the individual workers into the shipyards. If this is not possible, avoid any physical contact between workers by reducing the number of passengers in the vehicle. Clean the vehicle after each use.
- Avoid sharing tools and equipment and clean the affected areas on a regular basis during the work shift.
- If the tasks require absolutely the work of more than three to five workers to less than two meters, it is recommended to wear a mask and goggles.
- The usual practice to wear gloves, must be maintained.
- Upon arriving in a home, disinfect door knobs and light switches.
- Ensure that tools remain in the box of the truck and not in the cabin.
- Do clean the sheets moving at the end of the day.
WORKERS WHO CARRY OUT HOME VISITS, AS WELL AS FOR MEDICAL REASONS
Applies to exterminateurs, plumbers, electricians, telecommunication service, municipal inspectors, building inspectors, etc
- Before the visit, ask the occupants if a person is diagnosed or has symptoms of the COVID-19.
- If necessary, ask the person to isolate themselves in a closed room.
- Avoid any physical contact.
- Ask that the doors and the lights are opened by the locals.
- Disinfect the equipment provided in the home, including the cell phone.
WORKERS IN VETERINARY CARE
Up to this day, there is no evidence to demonstrate that the pets would be vectors of spread of the virus.
- Perform a triage on the phone before giving an appointment to a client. If the appointment is not urgent, move it or see if it is possible to do it by videoconference.
- Ask a single client to accompany the pet to the clinic. If possible, wait for customers in their cars rather than in the waiting room, if not respect the distance of 2 meters.
- Limit the contact between people from different departments in the operating room or in the laboratories.
- For the maintenance of the rooms, limiting at the minimum the cleaning during the stay of a client and clean when the customer is not in his room, if possible. Wear gloves.
- If the customer is a confirmed case of COVID-19, do not clean his room during his stay. After his departure, to wait 3 hours before trading cleaning. The used tissues and the disposable materials of the person should be thrown in a bag.
- All non-essential services of the hotel are expected to cease, such as the swimming pool and the library.
- Make only essential repairs.
- When the vehicle is taken by an employee, disinfect all frequently touched surfaces. Repeat the same exercise when the vehicle is delivered to the customer.
- Avoid sharing tools.
- Ensure that suppliers do not have to enter the garage when they come to deliver the goods.
- For the areas of vegetable production and areas of animal production where the employees do not have the choice to be mailed to within two meters of one another, it should consider the possibility of reducing production to comply with the measures of social distancing. If possible, install separation physical between workers.
- If the two previous solutions are not possible, consider wearing a mask and protective glasses.
- If vehicles to transport workers are used, wash them after each ride and reduce their capacity to 50 %.
- Clean each quarter of work surfaces frequently touched. The areas of animal production or vegetable must be washed as provided by the MAPAQ. Tools and machinery must be cleaned at the beginning and at the end of each shift.
INDUSTRY FOOD PROCESSING
- Respect the distance of two meters in the channels of production by reducing the production, by rearranging the physical location (install gates at the plexiglass for example), or by changing the working methods. If the preceding measures cannot be put in place, the port of the mask and protective goggles is recommended.
- For the production chains where the tasks do require the use of respiratory protective devices, the workers are considered as protected.
WORKERS in THE SNOW removal, ROAD MAINTENANCE, MANAGEMENT OF waste, facilities for the TREATMENT OF DRINKING WATER AND THE MANUFACTURING SECTOR is ESSENTIAL
- Avoid any physical contact between workers.
- Organize the tasks for the providers and the drivers do not have to enter the premises of the building.
- Clean each quarter of work surfaces frequently touched.
The balance of the day
- 2 401 379 : cases in the world
- 165 044 : death in the world
- 35 056 : the event in Canada
- 18 357 : cases in Quebec + 836 compared to Saturday