Woman in face mask and tongs for Curling eyelashes cause men wild terror, what to speak of these devices of the last century.
Sometimes these images are more like pictures of the preparation for the filming of a horror movie than a procedure designed to make a lady even more beautiful, reports Rus.Media.
Looking at these photos, you begin to rejoice that in our time it looks more or less aesthetically pleasing and not at all scary. Hard times had girls who used these “tools”. But that just will not go a woman to please a man.
1. Using this device for a carbon dioxide gas frozen freckles. Eyes and nose were tightly closed, and the patient breathed through a special tube.
2. In the 1920-ies Hairdryers impressive size was used in order to quickly dry the hair.
3. This strange sinister device was not used for experiments on the brain, and hair curler in Germany during the 1920-ies.
4. This device – a development known to the company Max Factor. Used for the rapid correction makeup.
5. This face mask was designed to warm the skin, but often become the main motive of childhood nightmares.
6. In 1940-ies salons became popular for weight loss. Each of them had their own methodology and various tools. This is the foot massager in one of these rooms.
7. These masks are used in their beauty Helena Rubinstein, one of the richest women of the period.
8. Sunscreen appeared only in 1940, a year before that just never used to protect themselves from the sun. Pictured here is the Cape with built-in sunglasses.
9. The fashion for shiny curly curls made women 30-40 years to sit for hours with such devices in mind.
See also: How to look like now the most beautiful women of the twentieth century
10. Lemon masks were very popular procedure in beauty salons of that time, now we all know that lemons are not suitable for such purposes.
11. With this unit, worn on the head of the women, tried to get a pink skin tone by reducing the atmospheric pressure inside the “helmet”.
12. This machine was invented in 1930-ies to suck acne skin. Due to the fact that the injectors were made of glass, and the pressure is difficult to control, the invention did not catch on.
13. These rubber masks were designed to tighten the skin and get rid of various disadvantages. It’s hard to say anything about their effectiveness, but they look very impressive.
14. Another “brilliant” invention of Max Factor – hangover mask. These plastic cubes filled with water and frozen.
On these devices it is impossible to watch without a shadow of fear. How brave were women in the past to go through this? As well, today everything has become much easier and more efficient and not need to go to such therapists.