Despite popular belief, eating banana peels is okay. Banana peels are rich in nutrients and fiber, and some say they may even help you. lose weight…
But before delving into the once-claimed compost, check out one of TikTok’s favorite recipes with banana peel – “pork” stretched over a banana peel.
Some like it, some don’t
The MacGyvers of the food world have once again proven themselves with a pork sandwich gutted from a banana peel.
But not everyone is sure. Some people ask, “Why would I even consider food waste as an alternative to pork stew?” However, Summer Storm, also known in Cook TikTok loves to use banana peels as part of their edible waste prevention technique.
Basically, Storm is scraping the banana meat off the peel to create a blank canvas. After that, the bare skin is ready to absorb the intense aroma, giving way to culinary delights such as a pork sandwich. Finally, for the most savory dish, the rind is chopped with a fork and marinated in a barbecue-style grind before being cooked to perfection.
How to make a banana peel sandwich
Banana Peel Barbecue Pork Sandwich – Follow the link in the bio! #Vegan #veganfood #vegan recipes #bananapeelpulledpork #asmr #fyp #foryoupage
♬ original sound – Summer Storm
However, according to Storm, you need to keep an eye on the banana peel pork sandwich to achieve the desired result. recipe on T. Otherwise you would have cooked yourself a mediocre meal.
To successfully prepare a delicious meal, start by gathering the ingredients listed below and follow these steps:
- 2 organic, yellow, firm bananas
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegan BBQ sauce
- Start by washing the bananas. Then cut off both ends of the banana. Remove the banana fruit from the peel. Discard the tips and save the fruit for later use.
- Use a spoon to gently scrape off any remaining white residue from the banana peel.
- Using a plug,GoodCut the banana peel into two-inch slices, then rinse them under cold water. Remove excess water and dry the banana peel.
- In a medium bowl, combine the banana peels with olive oil, smoked paprika, chili powder, ground mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin and salt until smooth. Place the plastic wrap directly on the banana peel and let it marinate for at least 20 minutes.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the banana peel. Take 3/4 cup water and add two tablespoons of water at a time. Since the banana peel will absorb water, add more water if needed until 3/4 cup of water is gone. Cook for about 12 minutes.
- When the water is completely absorbed, add the barbecue sauce and continue cooking for another 1.5 minutes.
- Serve banana peel pork on top of your favorite fried buns topped with vegan or plain butter, along with a fresh kale salad. Enjoy!
How sandwiches taste and look
Despite what many think, pork sandwiches gutted from banana peels don’t taste like bananas at all. The dish even looks a lot like a pork stew, which makes it very convincing. And to top it all off, the banana peel is way a greener and greener choice.
More stories about food and drink:
You may be surprised to learn that these foods should never be stored in the freezer.
Here’s how to order your favorite Starbucks drinks for a fraction of calories
It turned out that hard-boiled eggs can be cooked without boiling them – here’s how