Invented by the Romanians.
Astrophel is a classic Romanian dish, unique in the world. In fact it is typical stewed meat (mostly chicken), mixed with a thick tomato sauce, with garlic or onion, reports Rus.Media.
Try this savory, hearty and delicious dish of Romanian cuisine!
Here’s what you need to prepare it:
- 1 kg of chicken parts;
- 2 medium onions;
- 150 g of tomato juice;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- 1 Bay leaf;
- 1-2 tablespoons wine vinegar;
- 75 g melted butter;
- salt and pepper to taste.
Here’s what to do:
1) Cut into pieces chicken put in a saucepan or a pan with hot melted butter.
2) Salt the chicken and fry until Golden brown.
3) Add sliced onions and flour and sauté.
4) Add to the skillet of warm water (broth), tomato puree, garlic, Bay leaf and pepper.
5) season with Salt astrophel, simmer it until it is cooking chicken.
6) Shortly before readiness to add to the dish vinegar. When submitting parts of a chicken pour the sauce, which was formed to extinguish.
Astrophel serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Be sure to try to cook astrophel! Please close traditional Romanian dish!