Selected in first rank by the Bengals in Cincinnati during the draft NFL, Thursday night, the young quarterback Joe Burrow could soon become a star.
Here are five things to know about the American of 23 years:
- The father of Joe Burrow, named Jimmy, is a former football player, having worn the colors of the Montreal Alouettes, between 1977 and 1980. He also won the Grey Cup with the montreal club in his first year with the team. Evolving as a half defensive, he had previously played a few games in the NFL with the Green Bay Packers in 1976. After having hung up his boots, Jimmy Burrow became coach.
- Joe Burrow comes definitely from a family of athletes. He even has his great-grandmother Dot Ford Burrow that had already registered, according to the legend, a total of 82 points in a single basketball game with his high school team during the 1940s.
- In addition to being a rising star of football, Joe Burrow would be a great player of basket ball. At one time, he was considered among the top players in the State of Ohio.
- The career of Joe Burrow in college football has not begun, which is found in an auxiliary role, first behind J. T. Barrett, then still among the Buckeyes of Ohio State, behind Dwayne Haskins. Barrett, who was never drafted into the NFL, is to be found in the organization of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Haskins was selected 15th overall by the Washington Redskins in the auction of 2019.
- Burrow has made the leap with the Louisiana State university (LSU) in may 2018, to give a new impetus to his career. Successful bet : he won last December for the Heisman trophy back, awarded to the best player of university of the NCAA, getting 841 of 927 votes of first place. He obtained this award by the largest margin in history.