LONDON | british prime minister Boris Johnson, suffering from the new coronavirus and hospitalized for almost a week, because of “great progress” announced on Saturday that one of its spokespersons.
The conservative leader, 55-year-old was released Thursday night of the intensive care unit, where he was held since Monday. He was transferred to another service hospital london St Thomas ‘ where he is placed under close supervision for the initial phase of his recovery “, according to previous statements.
“The prime minister continues to make great progress,” said Saturday a spokesman.
The day before already, the services of Boris Johnson had announced that he was starting to ” walk a little “. “Morale remains good “, had he been previously reported, specifying that the first minister was in “the initial phase” of his recovery and his return to the orders of the executive would depend on ” the opinion of his medical team “.
Diagnosed positive Covid-19 at the end of march, Boris Johnson is to this day the only head of government of a great power to have been contaminated by the virus, which has led to nearly 9,000 deaths in the United Kingdom, one of the european countries hardest hit.
It is the head of the diplomacy, Dominic Raab, who is temporarily acting in the absence of Boris Johnson, who is “not out of the woods yet” and must “take the time” to recover from his infection Covid-19, said his father, Stanley Johnson, Friday on the BBC.
“I can’t believe that you’d come out and go back directly to Downing Street and take over the reins without a period of readjustment,” added Mr. Johnson’s father.
The government must decide next week on a possible extension of the containment, which began on 23 march and, in principle, expected to last three weeks until Monday.
If no formal decision is expected before the end of next week, the message hammered by the authorities is not to release the measures of social distancing adopted, particularly during the long weekend of spring Easter.