A soup in the slow cooker as seen through my lens of a traveler greedy, it gives… it !
EXOTIC SLOW COOKER
Would you like to spend the winter in the sun than in the snow ? You can still bring the heat and the exotic to you ! Let the slow cooker do the work and return to your pampering. At once comforting and exotic,
the best of both worlds !
Servings : 6 | Preparation time : 15 min | Cooking time : 8 h
- 2 cups of green lentils, dry
- 3 carrots
- 1 piece of 1-inch of fresh ginger
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 box 796 ml diced tomatoes
- 8 cups of vegetable broth without added salt (see Notes)
- 2 tbsp of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon paste harissa (see Notes)
- ½ Cup of fresh coriander
- Rinse and drain the lentils.
- Without peeling, cut the carrots and the ginger into thin slices. Chop the onion and the garlic.
- In the container of the slow cooker, mix the lentils, the vegetables, the broth, the spices and the harissa. Pepper generously.
- Cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- Divide the soup into six bowls, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Keeps 4 days in fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
Using a broth without salt and adding the salt to the recipe, it will contain less sodium than if you use a broth ordinary !
If you don’t have paste, harissa, substitute it with ¼ teaspoon of ground red pepper.
- Calories 323
- Protein 19 g
- Fat 1 g
- Carbohydrates 64 g
- Fibre 9 g
- Sodium 602 mg