Blessed Marie-Léonie Paradis, founding mother of the Little Sisters of the Holy Family, now takes her place in the shrine designed especially for her inside the Saint-Michel cathedral basilica in Sherbrooke.
The relic has been in place since November 28th. When the new shrine was sealed, members of the Little Sisters of the Holy Family community were on hand, notes the Archbishop of Sherbrooke.
They have ensured that the body of their founding mother and the clothes she wears are carefully arranged, says one.
Recall that Marie-Léonie Paradis founded the Institute of the Little Sisters of the Holy Family in 1880 and is the secondary patron of the Archdiocese of Sherbrooke. She was also recognized as a historical figure by the Quebec government in December 2016.
The relic of Mother Marie-Léonie Paradis left the General House of the Little Sisters of the Holy Family on May 31st. In procession, the Blessed left the convent of the nuns of the West Galt Street, where she had been resting since 1935, to be transported to the Basilica-Cathedral.
While waiting for the new shrine to be ready, the mortal remains were kept in the chapel of relics, a glazed room, sealed.
Visitors could pray to the Blessed and many of them even took advantage of their passage to slip under the door of requests for intentions.
Sunday afternoon, during a religious ceremony, Mgr. Luc Cyr will bless this new place of recollection in front of the members of the community of the Little Sisters of the Holy Family. The public is invited to attend this event.