More Loki comes in What If …?
Now that Loki Done, what’s next for the Marvel series on Disney Plus? The answer is Marvel’s What If …?, an animated anthology series that explores what would happen if the important moments of the Marvel Cinematic Universe played with different characters, like Peggy Carter taking the Super Soldier Formula instead of Steve Rogers.
Is it related to Loki’s multiverse mayhem? Well, Jeffrey Wright plays The Watcher, a “be non-earthly” who observes and occasionally intervenes in these events as they unfold in the multiverse. Catch the 10-episode first season premiere on August 11. That’s a Wednesday, so Marvel is clearly happy with the viewing numbers for that midweek release announcement.
read more: Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 4: The Complete List Of Release Dates
Entertain your brain with the best news, from streaming to superheroes, memes and video games.
Marvel’s What If …? release schedule
Here’s the release schedule for all 10 episodes of Marvel’s What If …? Note: Kevin Feige has already confirmed Another 10-episode second season is in development!
- Episode 1: Available Wed, 11-12 a.m. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 2: Available Wednesday, Aug. 18 – 12 a.m. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 3: Available Wed Aug 25 – 12 a.m. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 4: Available Wednesday, September 1 at 12 a.m. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 5: Available Wednesdays, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 6: Available Wednesday, September 15 at 12 a.m. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 7: Available Wednesday, September 22 – 12 a.m. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 8: Available Wednesday, September 29 at 12 a.m. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 9: Available Wed, Oct. 6-12 a. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
- Episode 10: Available Wed, Oct. 13 – 12 a. M. PT / 3 a. M. ET / 8 a. M. GMT
Marvel’s What If …? trailer
Here is the wild official trailer for the series.
And here is the latest trailer.
What if …? about?
Marvel’s What If …? is based on a Marvel comic from the ’70s that retells a famous story in an alternate reality. The first issue got Spider-Man accepted into the Fantastic Four, for example.
The Disney Plus series will feature Jeffery Wright as the voice of Uata, a member of an advanced alien race known as the Watchers. It will narrate the alternate reality events that are unfolding, with a massive voice cast including the late Chadwick Boseman, Josh Brolin, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Hayley Atwell, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Paul Rudd, Sebastian Stan. and Taika. Waititi. Wow.
Delve into the series’ backstory here.
New movies coming out in 2021: Netflix, Marvel and more
See all photos