The Montreal Impact will conclude a three-game streak in eight days, Sunday in New Jersey, against the Red Bulls, and the least we can say is that this trip did not go like the would have liked Thierry Henry and his men.
By his own admission, Henry indicated that the multiple injuries and fatigue did not help his team, but the Frenchman wants to see an ultimate effort before enjoying a slight leave, since the Impact will not play a game before. the 3rd of October. The team lost the first two games of this trip to the United States, by scores of 4 to 1 and 3 to 1, respectively against the Union of Philadelphia and the Revolution of New England.
“[You have to] try to find the right balance between having a cohesive team, paying attention to the guys who are injured, the guys who are tired, even if it's true that there is a week without a game, explained Henry. during a media encounter on Friday. But also, it is necessary to bring back points, whether it is at home or outside. [You have to] try to bring points back, stop this spiral and see how we can react. ”
The last time the two teams played against each other was almost a year ago, on October 6, 2019. The Impact then signed a convincing 3-0 victory. such a result, players will have to stick to their coach's game plan.
“You have to be careful, find the balance, continue a bit on what you are trying to do, not lose the structure, continue in the philosophy and try to regain the victory, added Henry. It's not obvious: you're far from home, you lose matches, you're tired, it's not easy, so you have to try to answer. ”
Henry has yet to make a decision on whether his players and team staff will stay south of the Canada-U.S. Border after the game against the Red Bulls or return to refuel at home. them in Montreal.
List of Impact injuries
- Saphir Taïder, thigh, could play on Sunday
- Adductor Romell Quioto could play on Sunday
- Orji Okwonkwo, hamstring, absent on Sunday
- Anthony Jackson-Hamel, knee, absent Sunday *
- Steeven Saba, foot, absent Sunday **
- Mathieu Choinière, ankle, absent Sunday ***
- Ballou Tabla, adductor, absent Sunday ***
- * travels with the team, but does not take part in training
- ** is not with the team in New Jersey, but is approaching a return to play
- *** is not with the team in New Jersey