If you intend to move soon, the authorities tolèreront the presence of your friends and family to help you, but only as a last resort. It will also forget the combo pizza and beer at the end of the day.
A lot of citizens who do not have the means to call in professional movers is asking the question. Will they be able to call on friends and family members?
In a publication on Facebook, the Sûreté du Québec reminds us that, while Quebec is always trying to contain the outbreak of coronavirus, it is necessary to defer “any move non-essential”.
“If the move is essential, call on the professional movers”, recommended by the police.
Remember that this industry is part of the priority activities and meet strict hygiene standards.
That said, “if this is not possible and you absolutely need help for your move, consider the help of relatives who live in the same residence as you or nearby.”
In this case, you need to limit the number of people present, minimize the duration of their presence, and keep them, “as much as possible”, a distance of two metres.
“It also means that once the move done, everyone goes home, without loitering”, raises the police force.
In addition, if you go to a different region, you need to be able to prove that your move is essential.
The SQ said they “trust the judgment of citizens and police officers who will intervene with them”.
Unless the particular circumstances, it is not necessary to report a gathering of less than three persons or of persons visibly in the process of moving large furniture, ” says SQ.
On its website, the government of Québec provides other details.
Here, too, we read that “if you can’t make call to movers and that you absolutely must get help for your move, it is possible to make call to relatives, ensuring they meet certain criteria”.
Naturally, it is necessary to ensure that none of the people present had symptoms associated with COVID-19, had traveled there less than 14 days or has been in contact with infected people.
“Wash your hands regularly with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds and observe the other instructions basic sanitation (avoid the direct contact for the greetings, such as handshakes; cough into your elbow; do not bring your hands to your face, etc)”, it adds.
Few hygiene rules observed by professional movers :
- See all moving non-essential
- Ensure in advance that nobody is infected by the COVID-19, or has no symptoms
- To the extent possible, a distance of 2 metres between the people
- For the transportation of large furniture and appliances, consider the same tandem to limit the interactions
- Limit the number of movers
- Limit the number of people in the same room
- Limit the number of occupants present
- Limit the comings and goings in the parts
- Cleaning of surfaces in homes before the arrival of the movers
- Regular cleaning of the interior of the truck and work tools
- Wash hands often, cough etiquette, and not touching the face
Source : national Institute of public health of Quebec