MONTREAL | With 93 deaths linked to the COVID-19 announced Saturday, Canada has surpassed the milestone of 7,000 lives since the beginning of the health crisis. The country has also surpassed the milestone of 90, 000 cases.
Quebec (76) and Ontario (17) have contributed to the increase in the balance sheet of the country, which now has 7073 deaths due to the coronavirus.
Nevertheless, the downward trend of new cases of contamination to the COVID-19 continued with the addition, on Saturday, of 323 cases in Ontario for a total of 27 533.
It should be noted that the public health authorities of this province were able to test 20 640 people in 24 hours, a record. The number of lives lost has reached 2247.
In Quebec, 419 new cases have been reported in the past 24 hours, bringing the total of people infected with 50 651. The number of families grieving on a daily basis is important, since, Saturday, there were 76 new deaths, which leads to a total of 4439.
The decrease in the number of hospitalizations of 68 % is encouraging, however.
Canada accounted for Saturday afternoon 90 162 cases of COVID-19. If Newfoundland and Labrador and Manitoba harboured no new cases, the authorities of Nova Scotia reported a new contamination, and a death additional. New Brunswick has also recorded a new case.
More than 1 631 000 persons have been tested to date in the country and the results of about 5 % of these tests were positive. In addition, more than 48 085 or 54 % of the cases are now cured, according to data shared by Dr. Theresa Tam, director-in-chief of the public health agency of Canada.
The situation in Canada:
- Quebec: 50 651 cases (4439 death)
- Ontario: 27 533 cases (2247 deaths)
- Alberta: 6979 case (143 deaths)
- British Columbia: 2558 case (164 deaths)
- Nova Scotia: 1056 cases (60 deaths)
- Saskatchewan: 639 cases (10 deaths)
- Manitoba: 294 cases (7 deaths)
- Newfoundland and Labrador: 261 cases (3 deaths)
- New Brunswick: 127 cases
- Île-du-Prince-Édouard: 27 cases
- Yukon: 11
- The North-West territories: 5 cases
- Nunavut: 0 cases
- Canadian returnees: 13 case
- Total: 90 162 (7073 death)