Phase 2 of the plan of the series NASCAR

Phase 2 du plan de la série NASCAR

The series NASCAR has made a successful mission to resume its activities despite the pandemic by presenting trials in camera, and where all stakeholders have been forced to comply with the safety instructions very severe.

Including the test series Xfinity contested Monday night at Charlotte, nine races in one or the other of the three major businesses of the stock-car american have been contested since the implementation of the recovery plan started on the 17th of may.

The second draft of the provisional calendar now includes events up to June 21, a period during which three circuits will be visited. Because of the COVID-19, no spectators will be allowed on the sites of the competitions.

Announcement next

The leaders of NASCAR have, however, indicated earlier this week that a schedule to the more complete would be disclosed shortly.

“We work very hard, said Steve Phelps, to announce new dates and circuits which will be retained. We must ensure that the government authorities and the public health of the States concerned we give the green light “, continued the president of NASCAR in an interview with SiriusXM.

Until 9 August

However, according to many specialized websites americans, this third portion of the provisional timetable, valid until 9 August, would have been sent in the beginning of the week to the teams concerned.

“We look forward to meeting our fans on the sites,” said Phelps, but it is too early for us to do so. “

It is believed inter alia to an electrical circuit, Talladega, whose route length is two miles and a half, and its capacity of nearly 175,000 spectators. Respecting the separation physical, the public could occupy about one-third of the stands.

Double

As soon as this Saturday, NASCAR will provide a double circuit of Atlanta with the presentation of a first series race of the vans in Gander & RV Outdoors in the early afternoon, followed a few hours later, a round of the championship Xfinity, in which are engaged the drivers quebec Raphael Lessard and Alex Labbé, respectively.

The next day, the committed members of the discipline (cup, NASCAR) are going to compete in the same place before heading to Homestead.

Race shifted to Loudon ?

Phase 3 of the calendar, to be confirmed remember, it is observed that the cup race NASCAR to Loudon, New Hampshire, which attracts a lot of amateurs in the province, would not take place as planned on July 19, initially, but rather the 2 August.

Moreover, everything seems to indicate that the race of the series Xfinity, held usually the day before at Loudon, has been taken off the programming. Situation damage to Alex Labbé, who, in the beginning of the season, had announced his participation.

Engine smoke

Since it is a question of Labbé, its delivery to Bristol on Monday evening has been short-lived when he was the victim of a broken engine.

Everything had started well for the driver from Saint-Albert, who had won eight spots (from 32nd to 24th position) at the end of the first six laps, before his hopes do not soar up in smoke in the 40th round.

Share Button