December 1, 2013 took place the storming of the presidential Administration of Ukraine armed in advance with the nationalists and with the use of a tractor. Before incite the angry crowd, some European politicians. Here is a photo Varlamova.
Posting this incredible pictures exposing many of the myths of the opposition, including the “wanton aggression” law enforcement
Yesterday I was a witness to the events that unfolded around the presidential administration of Ukraine. A crowd of demonstrators tried to seize the building. In this post I will talk about how the events unfolded. More about how these events I saw while on-site. Closer to the evening I will lay out a report about the events in the city.
01. It all started about one o’clock. Some of the people from Maidan Nezalezhnosti immediately went to the building of the presidential administration.First, let’s look at a map of the area:
As can be seen, the passage to the building up was only possible with one hand on a narrow street. From both sides, it was a tall building. The police put up metal shields and about 200 employees, completely blocking the street. 3 the blue lines are buses, which stood across the street, there were about 20. Even if the protesters broke through the first cordon, they would be bogged down among the buses. In addition, within the administration there were a lot of employees of the Golden Eagle (local SWAT) and the military.
In the beginning there were few people. Maybe 50-100 people. Ordinary people, whom we often see on the street. Passers-by, onlookers. Everyone was taking pictures of the police.
02. Overall, the atmosphere was very friendly, if you all say about the revolution ). The police were without protection and even without the batons, someone tried to joke, someone laughed.
03. Vnezapno on the street drove the bulldozer, it was the people with fireworks. Behind the bulldozer was a crowd of 200 people, young people. I don’t know how to call this “youth”. We usually call them football fans and nationalists. These are the same guys that lit on the eve of the “right sector“. They are in the morning were armed with rebar, sticks and chains. They made a defense and went specifically to fight. In General, radical right youth. This moment was really scary. Not scared of fans. All at once I realized that now may spill blood. The column was to storm the building up. The crowd that will feel the blood is scary. And not necessarily to kill someone, sometimes hearing is enough. People begin to go crazy to do foolish things. I saw it in Bishkek during the last revolution.
04. A bulldozer pulled up to the cordon and people in masks demanded the police to withdraw. The police did not respond. There were a few people, then called provocateurs who demanded from the driver of the bulldozer to push the police. Driver to push no one wanted.
05. At some point, the police standing in the front ranks, went ahead and put a hundred soldiers, conscripts, eighteen-year-old boys. The bulldozer started to attack.
06. Aggressive young people started beating the soldiers with chains, to throw stones and sticks. The soldiers flew fireworks, firecrackers and dymovuhu.
07. At this time the bulldozer was crushing the barriers.
08. After barriers broke, managed to achieve a temporary truce. It should be understood that most of the crowd was for the bloodless version of the revolution. Adults who were among the demonstrators, literally with their bodies defended the soldiers from the aggressive nationalists. Negotiations began with a request to surrender their weapons. The soldiers were scared, they would be glad to leave, but orders are orders. To the soldiers why I was flying curses, if they are there voluntarily.
09. “Fans” were armed. Metal barriers broke on sticks the tiles on the sidewalks dismantled and crumbled rocks that you can comfortably throw.
10. Someone prepared seriously.
11. Someone came dressed as a knight.
12. Then began a very strange thing. The bulldozer was surrounded by people and did not allow him to continue the assault. Most of the crowd was against clashes with the police, especially in the foreground stood a young conscript soldiers. About an hour in the crowd were local skirmishes. Supporters of the military option beat those who did not allow the bulldozer to go to the people. All accused each other of provocation, but the bulldozer was eventually not allowed to begin the assault. Left helmets are soldiers, a bulldozer surrounded by supporters of the peace option and do not allow to begin the assault.
13. The radicals are trying to build a corridor to his bulldozer and the soon to launch an assault, but nothing comes out. At some point, the bulldozer climbed up some MP and tried to calm people down. He said that people in masks and with bits provocateurs. They want to shed blood, and to get slaughter. “Not a drop of blood,” the crowd chanted. “Get the fuck out of here, traitor!” – answered the young Deputy and started to throw the coins in. The Deputy promised the people peace to overthrow the government without casualties. In General, the crowd was a lot of opposition deputies, who, together with ordinary people stopped the bulldozer and tried to prevent the collision. Well done, I don’t know if we have?
14. A crowd of young people pulled people who tried to block the bulldozer and beat them. To the left of the photo is visible metal stick, one of the young asshole decided to stick with the head of a fallen supporter of the peace option. Good photographers that were there stopped the fool. (and today in all these injuries the accused, of course, the police – Varyag)
15. After about an hour, the young people were tired of waiting and began a second assault without the bulldozer. The soldiers threw stones, fireworks and dymovuhu.
16. It’s hard for me to judge, felt that the guys in helmets that are totally unarmed attack by angry Teens. But the order was to hold the Fort. In fact, the cops put a human shield of conscripts. I was all the time between the soldiers and the attackers, not the most pleasant sensations.
17. Soldiers poured glass helmets paint. I accidentally filled in the lens ( Well, not much.
18. 10 minutes was active in the assault, but the soldiers stood in place. No response from the police was not, it is even more wowed the crowd.
19. Someone lit fireworks and tried to burn clothes of soldiers. Someone tried to put fire under the glass of the helmet.
20. Again, please note that soldiers have no resistance. They just stood there and held back the crowd.
21. In the course went the circuit, conscripts began to beat him with chains, but they stood.
22. Someone threw a bottle with incendiary mixture. The soldiers retreated a little.
23. All this time, the part of demonstrators tried to pacify the youth. That is, there are actually 3 sides of the conflict – the police, the aggressive young Nazis and ordinary people trying to prevent bloodshed.
24. I don’t know what purpose the police and Berkut put in the front ranks of the conscripts. Crowd hour was beaten and stoned 18-year-old boys. Someone of the soldiers cried.
25. Pay attention to the helmet. Burgundy spots is after traces of blows with stones. The youth discussed the sidewalks and threw stones at the perimeter. Imagine a brick that is flying in the head? Now imagine hundreds of these bricks. Sound like-Budo grad goes.
26. Where the police and Berkut, you ask? And they stood behind the conscripts. Look, what terrible and serious. They were standing behind, so as not to give soldiers to retreat. Such detachments. Put cannon fodder and hold. Terrible picture – scared soldiers who are without weapons, even without shields, and behind them the eagle picks his nose and waits. The soldiers, even the shields are not given, as was afraid that the demonstrators take away them.
27. A smoke grenade
28. Defenders of the President’s administration yesterday, very lucky with the wind. He was in the side of the demonstrators. Any smoke or gas weighted against the attackers. “Writing against the wind” is about the assault yesterday.
29. Left on the fence journalists hang.
30. And then the police went on the attack. From behind the soldiers in the people flew grenades. At the beginning of the gas – teargas, pepper. Then stun.
31. Don’t know threw if you ever grenades with something, but it’s unpleasant. Pepper spray burns the skin. The impression that acid was poured. Tear burns everything, it becomes difficult to breathe. Once the panic starts. Every breath hurts, but from what you’re running to the shelter, I want to breathe more. People run from explosions, in the sea, because the rear ranks of the retreating back. There is a second danger. Each grenade exploded in the crowd, hurting people. Plastic shards from the shell torn clothes and jump under the skin.
Here the effects of a grenade explosion next to the man. Here the damaged joints, it is necessary to sew a lap, cut everything to get the pieces. Grenades flew into the crowd constantly, maybe a hundred a night. The wounded were many. In statistics they do not, as most did not come to the hospital, fearing prosecution by the police. In the crowd were hearing from the hospitals the wounded arrested as participants.
32. People are in panic, broke open the doors of the entrances to shelter from the gas. Right the journalist of the Rain Timur Olevsky, holed up in the trenches ). Left with a yellow armband one of the nationalists.
33. When the wind was blowing another cloud of gas, people again took the stones and threw the police.
34. Threw everything, not only the Nazis, that’s normal girls arm. A few hours of constant explosions, gas, panic did the trick. No one defended the soldiers. People went wild-eyed and wanted blood. KRO was revenge for a friend who broke his head, someone succumbed to the herd instinct.
35. Soon began to force the gates of the yards to be able to hide from the gas. Don’t know how would have developed the event, if the wind was in the opposite direction. Yesterday, the police did not even wore gas masks, as the gas immediately left along the narrow street, as through the pipe, enveloping all the demonstrators. (This is the gate of the mansion, which houses the Union of writers of Ukraine. Today in the pogrom accused, not of nationalists, but also blamed the police – Varyag).
37. In the courtyards and entrances of the volunteer doctors provided first aid. The most common injuries injuries from explosions, damaged ear drums from stun grenades and anemia from the stones that flew into the heads of the attacking in the forefront.
38. After another hour the crowd did little to dispel. Constant explosions of gas – an unpleasant sight. In the forefront were the only ones who were in gas masks and respirators.
39. And then the eagle went on the attack. A few hundred soldiers instantly drew demonstrators to flight.
40. The slow and weak on the road were beaten indiscriminately. Suffered a lot of journalists, because they were in the forefront and are unable to escape quickly.
41. The street quickly cleared.
42. A little regrouping, a crowd armed with stones and went to the counter.
43. Half an hour later people finally ousted. The assault on the Administration over. Forces the attackers over.
44. Several people police arrested, found the weapon.
Photo by Vladimir Shuvaev, the Agency repor.to
45. Detained firmly.
Photo by Vladimir Shuvaev, the Agency repor.to
46. The victims during the assault.
Some more video: