It turns all teens hungry at the mere sight of these pizzas-pockets.
THE OX PULLED TO THE RESCUE
To laze in front of the fire, there is nothing better than a meat, letting it braise all day. It smells so good in the house and saliva just to the idea of the dinner that will be sure to be greedy. My recipe for beef pulled slow-cooker in the kitchen practically all alone, and you’ll have leftovers for another leave dinner to come. Comfort zero-effort at its best.
Servings : 8 | Preparation time : 15 min | Cooking : 30 min
- 1 egg
- 1 ball of 450 g of store-bought pizza dough
- All-purpose flour (for work surface)
- 2 cups of beef pulled Guinness
- ½ Cup old cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tsp of dried rosemary
- Fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F. Place the rack in the center of the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or a cooking sheet reusable).
- In a small bowl, using a fork, lightly whisk the egg.
- Drop the pizza dough on a clean work surface and floured. Cut it into 8 equal parts. As needed, flour the hands to manipulate the dough.
- With hands, gently stretch a portion of dough and form a disk about 4 inches in diameter.
- Drop ¼ cup of beef frayed in the center of the disk and spread 1 tbsp of grated cheese. Close the dough over the meat to form a small pouch. Press with fingers to seal the dough. Repeat with the rest of the dough for 8 pizzas-pockets.
- Drop the pizza-pockets on the baking sheet. Using a brush, cooking brush the pizza-pockets egg.
- Sprinkle the pockets of rosemary and a pinch of fleur de sel.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the top of the pizza-pockets is golden brown. Serve with a green salad.
Will keep 4 days in fridge or 3 months in the freezer.
You have prepared in advance ? Reheat pizza-pouches in the oven at 350 °F for 5 to 10 minutes. If frozen, reheat–the 15 to 20 minutes.
- Calories 279
- Protein 17 g
- Total fat 9 g
- Carbs 33 g
- Fibre 3 g
- Sodium 388 mg