The right soil in which you plan to sow carrots is a guarantee of absolute success.
Planning to get a bountiful harvest of carrots, it is important to take care of the correct planting of seed, so you do not do the thinning. Experienced gardeners know firsthand, that the traditional sowing dry seed brings a good harvest, so you need to resort to more sophisticated methods. Consider the most popular ways on how to sow carrots in order not to thin out at the weeding, informs Rus.Media.
The soil for planting carrots
The right soil in which you plan to sow carrots is a guarantee of absolute success. So, the place must satisfy the following conditions:
- to remain light throughout the day, and Sunny bed;
- the area should be smooth, without bias.
As for the soil, it is necessarily loose and neutral in acidity. If you have a gnarled root grows, the soil is not enough looseness. This can be achieved by introducing sand. This is especially true for loam. If your site medium and strongly acidic soil, and alkaline, you should not even engage in the cultivation of carrots.
A few words should be said about that, after what you plant carrots will feel good. Safely visivite if the garden grew tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, potatoes, cabbage. It is not necessary to sow in the place where you have already harvested root vegetables, dill and parsley. And this applies to both early and late varieties of vegetable.
What kind of carrots to plant
The sowing time of carrot are largely determined by the type of class. The root presents a huge number of species. Among the most popular, used for planting in the spring, it should be called:
When to plant carrots this year:
Many vegetable growers in their practice, to determine the period of sowing carrot seeds in the spring, adhere to the Lunar calendar 2019.
10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 23, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 30 March;
2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 24, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30 April;
1, 2, 3, 4, 12, 13, 14, 21, 22, 23 may;
9, 10, 11, 18, 19, 20 June;
25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31 Jul.
In that case, when you can’t do the routine in the day, spend the sowing of seeds in the other day, only he had not fallen into the category of unfavourable days according to the Lunar calendar.
It is undesirable to perform the planting carrots in the days that marked the Lunar calendar, as an adverse. When not to plant carrots in 2019:
6, 7, 21 Mar;
5, 19 APR;
5, 19 may;
3, 4, 17 Jun;
2, 3, 17 Jul.
Sowing seeds on toilet paper
Method of sowing of root crops on toilet paper similar to the method using a special adhesive tape, but in this case, all you can do yourself.
Technology planting the following:
- Toilet paper cut into equal strips with a width of 20-25 mm.
- For fixing the seeds on the paper use thick paste made from water and starch in the ratio of 1 Cup of water is taken 1 teaspoon of starch.
- Spread the sticky mixture on the paper and glue the seeds on equal distance from each other.
- When the paste dries, the paper is rolled into a roll.
- Just before planting make furrows with a depth of 25-30 mm and put the paper tape. Then fill them with soil and watered.
Important! Using the method of sowing on the toilet paper, you need to carefully choose the roots, pay attention to the date of manufacture, condition of packaging, expiry dates, since the low germination of carrot seeds there is a risk to remain without a crop.
Planting carrots on the tape
At first this method tested on normal toilet paper, but as technology has taken root and become popular in the last time there was a special tape already applied on them with carrot seeds.
Important! The last option would be very simple for the novice gardener, the only caveat: buy such tapes in stores with a good reputation, used the seeds to meet your expectations and was the sort that you want to use. If you use a more budget option with the seed that you have available, then:
- Prepare a tape of the desired length of toilet paper.
- Prepare a paste from starch.
- Moisten paper strip with paste.
- Gently press the seeds, maintaining a distance of 3-5 cm.
- Lay the strips of seeds in furrows in beds and cover with soil.
A clear advantage of this technique is that it is possible to avoid the density of shoots and do not waste further time on thinning.
Another option of planting carrot seeds, which is more suitable for the lazy or for the elderly. Its essence consists in the following:
- take a bucket of dry sand;
- add to it the calculated amount of fertilizer;
- add to the mix 3 tbsp. of dried carrot seeds;
- all components mix thoroughly;
- take the prepared mixture and scatter it in certain beds;
- on top sprinkle the garden bed with soil and gently pour water.
For this option, seeding is not necessary to prepare planting furrows.
Planting in a paste of starch
In this method, seeds are distributed evenly, although the operation is time-consuming. In this variant is done as follows:
- dissolve the fertilizer in water;
- place a container with a solution of gas, add a little starch and flour;
- in the process of heating continuously stir the composition, avoiding the formation of lumps;
- cool the solution, add the estimated number of seeds and mix well;
- take a plastic bottle and make it cover the hole by inserting tube in it;
- the result is something similar to a syringe;
- put in a bottle of paste with seeds;
- small portions, method of extruding, pour the mixture into the landing grooves;
- sprinkle the furrows with soil and pour water on them.