We will tell you about 10 most dangerous indoor plants and advise what to do to avoid trouble.
Have you ever thought about what your favorite flower that grows in a pot, can be poisonous? Suggest learning more about it to avoid trouble. But even if it turned out that one of the jewelry of your collection of indoor plants poisonous – do not hurry to part with it! In your power to make sure she didn’t hurt anyone, informs Rus.Media.
Very pretty succulent, also known under the names desert rose, maliska Lily or star Sabin. Its main decoration – fragrant flowers are similar in appearance to roses or lilies. The plant requires no special care, therefore, enjoys great popularity among flower growers.
But not everyone knows that this plant could pose a serious threat to others. Especially dangerous is its juice. Tribal communities in Africa even used it for processing of arrowheads.
If you decide to have a house like that flower: keep it away from children and animals; strictly observe safety precautions during contact with him; don’t forget to thoroughly wash hands and tools after each contact with the plant.
The juice of this flower of the Araceae family contain a salt of oxalic acid. Once on the skin, the juice may cause severe redness, burning and painful itching. If the juice of Anthurium accidentally gets inside, it can cause swelling of the larynx and slight burns of the upper digestive organs. Contact with the plant should be cautious and keep away from small children.
The flowers of this plant are very beautiful, and some also have a pleasant smell. Unfortunately, the beautiful exterior is a danger. In the bulbs of this plant contain alkaloids. Once in the body, they cause irritation of the nerve endings. As a result, the brain signal that causes a gag reflex. The bulbs taste very bitter, it looks similar to onions, so people far from the flower, often confused them. Threat and leaves of the plant. Its juice, once in the body, causing cramps. At home, in South America, this plant is also often used for the treatment of arrowheads.
This plant is very appreciated for the fact that it restores normal composition of the air indoors is also a powerful natural filter. Many growers are advised to keep diffenbach in the bedroom, as it really cleans the air.
The danger is the juice from the stems of this plant. It can cause food poisoning and breathing problems. Once on the skin, the juice of dieffenbachia may also cause a slight burn. Therefore, in the house where there are small children or Pets, this plant is keep not worth it.
Has a very great popularity for its simplicity and some similarity to jade – “money tree”. When touched zamioculcas not going to hurt you, and toxic fumes are released. Dangerous just its juice, but it is not excreted and enter the body can only when chewed the leaves.
This flower is also known as “fragrant source of well-being”. Unfortunately, the oleander is very poisonous. When injected into the human body of the juice of its lanceolate leaves may develop arrhythmias and blockade of heart conduction. This phenomenon occurs because the cardiac glycoside contained in the leaves. During flowering strong scent can cause sensitive people dizziness, a migraine, so better to keep it in a well ventilated area.
This plant is also called Madagascar palm. The stem of this plant contains a milky SAP which is very poisonous and can cause severe pain and abscesses in contact with open wounds, eyes or mouth. Juice stands out with trunk damage. If you are working with a plant on the skin drops of juice, immediately flush the affected area under running cold water, and the future stock up on several pairs of gloves and operate the plant only in them.
This flower (also called frangipani) is also considered poisonous, though irritating substances are only SOC. After contact with skin juice plumeria can cause redness and irritation. In General this plant is very useful, as it cleans the air in the room.
Ivy is recommended to keep damp areas to get rid of mold and mildew on the walls. In addition, the probability to get sick with colds drastically reduced, if the house grows ivy. However, with all the beneficial properties of this plant is extremely poisonous – so much so that careless handling can result in death.
This plant, which is popularly known as the star of Bethlehem, with the onset of winter it give birth not only growers, but also the people, few are familiar with gardening. Meanwhile, in the stems of this plant contains pungent milky juice. Once in the eyes or mouth, it can cause serious burns, so working with poinsetta without gloves is not recommended.
Before you buy a new flower, be sure to find out about it. Perhaps, after weighing all the pros and cons, you refrain from imprudent purchasing and from the existing house potentially dangerous plants will be much more careful.