Roland-Garros: the gauge again reduced from 5,000 to 1,000 spectators

Roland-Garros: the gauge again reduced from 5,000 to 1,000 spectators

The audience for Roland-Garros, exceptionally scheduled for the fall and which begins on Sunday, is lowered from 5,000 to 1,000 spectators per day, we learned from the Prime Minister's services on Thursday.

This new reduction in the gauge at the last minute follows new assembly restrictions announced on Wednesday by the government for areas on heightened alert in the face of the resurgence of the COVID-19 pandemic in France.

Roland-Garros had already been forced to lower its gauge twice since early September, going from 20,000 to 11,500 and then 5,000 spectators per day.

In the afternoon of Thursday, the tournament director Guy Forget had always declared “to hope to have 5000 spectators”. “We are able to accommodate this population, however small it may be, for the moment 5000 people, on a 12 hectare stadium”, he stressed, insisting on the surface area of the site and the outdoor courts. to limit the spread of COVID-19.

But Prime Minister Jean Castex, guest on the evening of the program “Vous ont la parole” on France 2, cut short his hopes by declaring in the evening: “We will apply at Roland-Garros the same rules as elsewhere. . ”

“We go from 5000 to 1000”, he said, affirming that this gauge concerned all the people authorized per day to enter the site. But Matignon then told AFP that accredited people (organizers, journalists, players, staff …), “subject (s) to a specific protocol”, were not counted among the 1000 people authorized per day.

Share Button