The resigned Vice-Chancellor of Austria Heinz-Christian strache denies receiving help from a woman he captured in the scandalous video, trapped in the media. The politician also noted that he had met with a citizen of Latvia, not Russia, RIA “Novosti”.
“This lady I met once during a private dinner during my vacation. After that I no longer had her contacts, I never saw her again. No help party named persons have been reported,” said strache.
The politician explained that the day of the shoot was in a state of alcoholic intoxication, which was used by unknown enemies. According to the Vice-Chancellor, the attackers wanted to destroy his political career.
Strache has apologized for his behavior and added that other members of the Austrian freedom party has also not entered into any transactions with a woman. The Vice-Chancellor said that in addition to leaving from the state post he intends to resign as Chairman of the MTA, and his place will be taken by the Minister of transport of Austria Norbert Hofer.
Along with it the resignation was announced by the head of the fpö in the Austrian Parliament Johann Gudenus, who was also captured on videotape.
Earlier, several European media reported the video, made in 2017, where strache discussed the purchase of the Austrian publication Kronen Zeitung some Russian Alyona Makarova in exchange for help in the elections. Reporters noted that members of the party discussed and other transactions with Makarova, which would allow her to access government contracts.
The Supreme Prosecutor’s office of Austria plans to study video. Some publications suggest that the so-called Russian woman was only a trap, and the meeting was purposely organized in the premises from previously installed hidden cameras.
It is also known that the Chancellor of Austria Sebastian Kurz is going to speak on Saturday, a statement about the incident. Media reported that he plan to abandon the coalition government with APS and snap parliamentary elections.