Servings : 4 | Preparation : 20 min | Cooking : 60 min
- 6 Italian tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp of fine sugar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 bottom pie pastry trade (pre-cooked) ready to stuff
- 5 cups of thinly sliced onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup feta cheese, coarsely crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- In a saucepan, boil 4 litres of well-salted water to blanch the tomatoes.
- During this time, remove the stalk of the tomato and immerse in boiling water 30 to 45 seconds to loosen the skin from the flesh.
- As soon as the skin begins to lift up, remove the tomatoes and place them in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Remove the skin and then cut the tomatoes in two in the direction of the length. Remove the seeds using your fingers.
- In a bowl, mix the tomatoes, the sugar, the thyme, the garlic and the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange on a baking sheet, previously lined with parchment paper, the round side to the top. Bake 45 to 60 minutes. Once cooked, set aside for assembly of the pie.
- While the tomatoes are cooking, sauté onions for 30 minutes, stirring from time to time. Season and reserve for assembly.
Assembly of the pie
- For the assembly of the tart, arrange the onions on the dough, previously cooked and stringing the tomato confit on top. Then extend the feta and réenfourner for 15 minutes.
- Once the pie is cooked, place a few leaves of basil chopped, and a good drizzle of olive oil. Good appetite !