The Canadian defeated the Sabres 2-1 in overtime

Photo: Graham Hughes The canadian Press
The captain of the Canadian, Max Pacioretty, scored the winning goal in overtime.

The Sabres of Buffalo have tried to go to sleep in the Canadian, Saturday, but the club woke up in time to win 2-1 in overtime.


Max Pacioretty put an end to the debate with 1:52 to make in overtime, after you have taken down the trousers of the goalkeeper Chad Johnson with a deke to the backhand.


Andrew Shaw hit the target in regulation time for the Canadian (8-9-1), who has avoided suffering a second straight defeat for the first time since the end of his series of seven setback on October 20. In his fourth start on, Charlie Lindgren stopped 34 shots.


Ryan O’reilly scored in the first period for the Sabres (5-9-2). Johnson made 27 saves.


The defender Shea Weber (lower body) and forward Jonathan Drouin (upper body) were back in the game for the Habs, having missed the defeat to 3-0 against the Wild in Minnesota on Thursday. The Canadian has, however, announced during the game that the goalkeeper Al Montoya suffered a concussion and that he was going to miss an indefinite period of time. Zachary Fucale was the reservist of Lindgren, Saturday.


Both teams got their share of chances in the first period. Alex Galchenyuk took advantage of the fall of his former team-mate Nathan Beaulieu on the blue line of the Sword to escape, but Johnson has passed the judgment.


Galchenyuk also missed his shot on reception about a delivery from Drouin during a descent of three against one.


Josh Gorges was also back at the Bell Centre and he threw the gloves late in the first period in front of Jordie Benn, who was invited to the dance after the old Habs had applied a solid failure at the place of Brendan Gallagher.


The Sabres opened the scoring with 5.7 seconds to do the first twenty, by digital advantage. During a scrum at the right side of Lindgren, O’reilly has recovered the disc behind the net and emerged to the left of Lindgren. The guardian of the Habs was looking at the wrong side and the attacking Sabres fired into an open net.


After a second period of time without history, the Canadian finally woke up to the return of the second intermission. Shaw scored the first goal of the Canadian 137 : 30, by deflecting a shot from the blue line of Drouin in numerical advantage.


A few moments later, Paul Byron escaped and tried to fight Johnson on the reverse, in vain. Artturi Lehkonen has also screwed up two updates in a perfect scene of Drouin before the end of regulation time.


The Canadian will continue his streak of six games at home, hosting the Blue Jackets in Columbus on Tuesday.

Share Button