Photo: Paul Morigi / Getty Images / Agence France-Presse
Mario Testino signed portraits of noted celebrities, including the official photo of the engagement of prince William and Kate Middleton.
New York — The star photographer Mario Testino, a reference in the world of fashion and popular celebrities, is accused of sexual harassment by thirteen people mentioned in an article in the New York Times published Saturday.
This new episode of the flood which hit the world of entertainment, media, fashion and politics since the revelations of the daily new york on Harvey Weinstein also relates to another fashion photographer, Bruce Weber, already challenged and subject of new charges.
Peruvian in origin, 63 years old, Mario Testino has photographed in more than 40 years of career of dozens of advertising campaigns for major fashion houses and seen his photographs in One of the most prestigious magazines, including Vogue to many, many times.
It was he who took the photo of the professional tennis player Serena Williams with her baby for the cover of the February edition of the magazine, unveiled this week.
It has also signed portraits of noted celebrities, including the official photo of the engagement of prince William and Kate Middleton, as well as a series of photographs of princess Diana in 1997, published in Vanity Fair magazine.
“Sexual predator “
Several models, including the stars of the environment, as well as former assistants of Mario Testino accuse the photographer of making advances, or even to have frankly tried to initiate a sexual relationship, but no says it has not sold.
“It was a sexual predator “, stated Ryan Locke, supermodel in the late 1990s. He said that during a photo shoot, Mario Testino would have called the whole team out of the room to be alone with him, and would then be thrown on him.
“I’m the girl, you’re the boy “, would have said the photographer to the model, which explains the having discarded before leaving the premises.
A former assistant to the photographer, Hugo Tillman, said having lived through a similar experience, while another, Roman Barrett, ensures that Mario Testino has rubbed on her leg and masturbated in front of him. “The sexual harassment was a daily reality,” says-t it.
Requested by the AFP, Mario Testino has not given result.
In the same article published Saturday, fifteen mannequins male, still active or retired, to accuse another photographer, Bruce Weber, of sexual harassment.
At the beginning of December, it had already been sued for sexual assault by the model Jason Boyce.
Contacted by AFP, the lawyer for Bruce Weber has not given result.
In October, several magazines and major fashion brands had announced that they would work more with the photographer Terry Richardson, known for his photos provocative and suspected, for years, sexually harass the models.
In addition to the decision not to work with Mario Testino or Bruce Weber, the group Condé Nast announced on Saturday measures to combat sexual harassment.
They provide in particular that all the models that will be taken in picture for a title of the group should be aged at least 18 years of age and that any meeting involving nudity, light clothing or suggestive poses will need to see the content pre-approved by the subject.