For several years, a site has offered to rank the best chip shops in France. Unsurprisingly, this year again, the ranking is dominated by establishments in the Nord and Pas-de-Calais.
The best fries in France are eaten in the Nord-Pas-de-Calais. Five of the best chip shops are located in these two departments, according to the ranking established by the site Les-Friteries.com, which has been suitable for this exercise every year for several years.
>> The top 10 best chip shops in France
- La Ch’tite frite, in Raillencourt-Sainte-Olle, North
- The fry to brown, Wambrechies, North
- Les Maqueux D’Frites, Samer, Pas-de-Calais
- Welcome to Us, Hénin-Beaumont, Pas-de-Calais
- Friterie of the station, Bruay-la-Buissière, Pas-de-Calais
- Friterie Chez Mel, Langres, Haute-Marne
- Burger Magic, Aniche, Nord
- Chic Frite, Dunkirk, North
- Friterie Mollien, Calais, Pas-de-Calais
- Snack Jo – Friterie Orchésienne, Orchies, North
A single establishment outside Nord-Pas-de-Calais
This year, a Raillencourt-Saint-Olle establishment, “La Ch’tite frite”, takes first place. It is ahead of “La Frite à dorer”, at Wambrechies, which fell one place compared to the previous ranking. “Les Maqueux d’Frites”, in Samer, completes the podium of this top of the best French friteries.
In addition, only one chip shop outside Pas-de-Calais manages to slip into the top ten establishments in this ranking. It is located in Langres, in Haute-Marne.
The chip shops of Nord-Pas-de-Calais do not content themselves with dominating the French ranking. They are also very well placed in the top of the best fries in France and Belgium. “La Ch’tite frite” and “La Frite à dorer” thus arrive at the first two places in front of the chip shop “Chez Gilbert”, in Bois-de-Villers, in Belgium.
To establish this classification, the Les-Friteries.com site specifies that it is based on a “popularity index”, which is based on the rating assigned by customers, as well as the opinions written and the age of the establishment.
Benjamin Rieth Journalist BFM Regions