The Ministry considers that taxpayers should be interested in verifcation and the reduction of social benefits and pensions.
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine launched a large programme verificati social payments and pensions of the population, according to which to deny pension payments will be for the following reasons:
- if a citizen is issued their payments on forged documents or documents containing errors;
- if the pensioner left the territory of Ukraine (went abroad);
- if the pensioner resides in natkonal by the government of the country, or has the status of internally displaced persons, but could not confirm the verification of actual residence in the “free” territory, informs Rus.Media.
Due to a similar mechanism verifici in 2017 and 2018, the government managed to stop the flow to 14 billion hryvnias from the state budget. Then the test worked only for immigrants, it concerns not only pensions, but also payments to socially vulnerable citizens and benefits.
This was stated by the Deputy Minister of Finance Yuriy Giger.
“Verification state payments are intended to assistance from the state budget was received by exactly those who need it. Budget funds should be spent efficiently and transparently, and help to provided address. Therefore, the verification in the interests of not only the people who really need help, but for all honest taxpayers” – said the representative of the government.
In early February, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine registered the draft law No. 9511 “verification and monitoring of government benefits.” The document was written and approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine.
The bill provides for three stages of verification:
- preventive – check conducted prior to appointment of social benefits and pensions;
- current check for those citizens who believe that they have a statutory right to social payments;
- retrospective validation is carried out for a previously scheduled payments.
It is noted that the check will be benefits, grants, scholarships and other social payments for the population provided at the expense of local and state budget or Pension Fund.
18 December 2018, it became known that since January of 2019, the Cabinet of Ministers starts the system verification of all pension payments, which previously operated only in respect of pensioners from the category of internally displaced persons. the Purpose of the examination is called the partial withdrawal of allowances to pension payments, bonuses and promotions, which were not regulated by law. Also in some cases expected the full withdrawal of pension payments.