One of the reasons why I love spring — a bright, Sunny faces of the flowers of dandelion on a background of fresh green grass. Awakened bees love dandelions, collecting nectar from the yellow blossoms, filling the air with a happy hum.
My family loves these bright colors: every spring we put together them for making medicines and delicious dishes. Dandelions can be eaten raw in salads, add to soup, fry consisting of pancakes, bake cakes, make syrup, jam and herbal tea.
It is a modest plant most consider a weed. However, the yellow dandelion since ancient times, valued for its medicinal properties. It is used in herbal medicine to treat infections, diseases of the gallbladder and liver and as a diuretic.
Did you know that this plant is one of the most effective means for reducing pain in joints and muscles? It has been proven that anti-inflammatory properties of dandelion help in the treatment of arthritis, gout, dandelion eliminates spasms and headaches. This makes the oil from the flowers of the dandelion, which is rubbed sore spots.
Today I’ll show you how to make a medicinal oil from the dandelions. It is the most powerful tool for the effects on the body.
Oil of dandelion
Plants should be collected only in ecologically clean areas far from highways and large cities.
- 500 g flowers of a dandelion
- 1 litre quality vegetable oil cold pressing
- In dry Sunny weather, gather dandelion flowers and put them in a-liter jar. Wash the flowers do not have.
- Put the dandelions up to the top with vegetable oil, tie a neck banks gauze.
- Put the jar in a warm Sunny place for 3 weeks.
- Once the flowers turn brown, strain oil through cheesecloth into a sterilized bottle made of dark glass.
- Keep the healing oil in a dark cool place.
If you don’t want to wait a few weeks, can make the oil different.
- In a pan pour vegetable oil and add dandelion flowers.
- Progra the mixture on a water bath for 30-60 minutes at very low heat.
- Move the mixture into a jar and leave in the sun to brew for a day.
- Strain the oil through cheesecloth and pour into an opaque container.
- Keep container tightly closed in a cool, dark place.
The oil must not be too hot, in any case do not let boil. The longer you can heat it without boiling, the more nutrients the flowers will secrete oil.
To avoid spoilage, make sure the storage tank is completely dry. Most oil extracts with proper storage you can use for a year.
You can freeze dandelion flowers and use them in the winter for a wonderful cooking oil.
Such dandelion extract will help at illnesses of a liver and gallstones, when the frequent constipation, as a choleretic, in case of any problems with the gastrointestinal tract (gastritis, colitis). It is necessary to take 1 tablespoon 3 times a day during meals.
With joint pain you need to RUB the oil of dandelions sore spots 2-3 times a day — this will provide a long lasting analgesic effect. Filling in a butter lettuce, you’ll enrich it with nutrients and give it a taste.
Useful properties of dandelion are useful in the treatment of skin diseases. For this purpose, oil rubbing and application. This ointment helps with herpes, eczema, wounds, burns, boils, scabies and insect bites.
If you liked the article, click “Share on Facebook” and tell us in the comments how you harvests dandelion flowers.