Ukrainian borsch is a hallmark of the culinary history of Ukraine, it is our pride, our everything!
Hot borscht is a traditional Ukrainian dish that has spread widely in the national cuisine of neighboring peoples. The soup is appropriate at any time of day and in any season.
There is a huge variety of recipes that allows you to “modify” the dish any preference.
But any of them necessarily includes the main vegetable component that determines the taste, color, and flavor – beets, and the soup belongs to the category of vegetable soups, informs Rus.Media.
The secrets of making delicious soup
- The taste of the soup is determined primarily by the quality of the meat-and-bone broth, although as an alternative to meat in the soup sometimes add finely chopped garlic and herbs fat. A small piece of bacon gives the dish its unique flavor.
- Most varieties of sugar beet varieties “Bordeaux”, which gives the soup expect a rich deep red color and sweet notes. The roots of this variety are small in size and flattened form.
- Pre-preparation of vegetables – the main feature of the dish, it also dramatically affects the color, and it applies primarily to the beet. Most often it is cooked separately from the other components of the soup.
- To the bookmarks in the finished broth, you have several choices of cooking: boiling or baking in General form in the skin and stewing sliced. In the latter case, to store the color pieces of beet breakout a small amount of vinegar, lemon juice or cabbage brine. With the same purpose in the old days the soup was prepared on the basis of beet kvass. To cook the best borscht in our time, using specially prepared brew-sirovich.
- To the potatoes in the soup are not painted in red color, the beets are cooked separately from her. Large sliced julienne beets lay in the broth first and pre-boil until the broth will not gain a delicate amber-Golden color, or use beets, certain varieties (not vinagreta, claret-red, striped or even sugar). Then lay the potatoes. We must remember that tomato additives prolong, at least slightly, the timing of preparing other vegetables.
- There is nothing tastier than the marrow, I wrote our classic, but boiled until tender meat, usually removed from large bones. Their fragments are in no case must not fall into the broth.
- Large bones occupy a significant amount of the pot, allow them to assess the density of food and quite uncomfortable when applying. The meat is better served by dividing it into pieces of optimum size. But it is not necessary to divide the portions are too small pieces: peel off the meat fibers and add to the dish in the dish unappetizing.
- Paradoxically, but the way to cut vegetables depends on the taste and finished dressings, and, ultimately, the finished soup: e.g. cutting carrots into strips will make the dish sweeter.
- The second important aspect affecting the color of the finished dish is the quality and quantity inherent in the filling of tomato paste. A lot depends on personal preference, but a tablespoon of the paste to a saucepan with a capacity of 3 litres would not be enough. Mashed fresh tomatoes or tomato juice homemade is much better and bought tomato paste. Small tomato seeds and pepper flakes lend a special beauty to the delicious assorted vegetables in a dish.
- Regardless of the look and taste of tomato additives in the brine is injected at least a pinch of sugar, which complements the sweetness of beetroot and perfectly sets off the taste of the finished soup.
- Precious fragrant sauce with butter and tomato is laid in the broth only in the hot, therefore it is prepared in parallel with preparation of the broth. Borschova filling needs to simmer on minimum heat until color change to darker, but not longer. Otherwise destroyed the fat soluble vitamins contained in carrots, and deteriorates the quality of the oil.
- If in the process of roasting vegetables to enter in the filling a knob of butter, the soup will get a new “sound”. Only it is done just before you remove the pan from the heat.
- Chopped leafy greens, as a rule, are sauteed and added at the final stage of cooking the cabbage to retain maximum vitamin content. Less than boils of “seasoned” soup, so it is useful, and the greater the likelihood that he will be a real culinary poem.
Bright dish symbolizes the comfort and durability of the family hearth, makes full any dinner and is the best evidence of the diligence of the hostess.