The terrorist attack in New Zealand: the number of victims has risen to 50 people

About 40 victims remain in intensive care.

Теракт у Новій Зеландії: кількість жертв зросла до 50 осіб

The number of victims of the terrorist attack in New Zealand grew to 50. About 40 victims remain in intensive care. It is reported by the foreign Minister of Saudi Arabia Ibrahim al-Assaf, informs Rus.Media.

It is noted that on Friday evening, March 15 at the hospital died one of the two injured citizens of the Kingdom. Meanwhile, the Washington Post and CNN, citing the foreign Ministry of Jordan report on the death of one of the wounded in the attack Jordanians.

On Saturday, March 16, there appeared before the court 28-year-old Aussie Brenton Tarrant, who investigators believe is responsible for attacks on mosques. He is charged with murder. Also in custody are two more people checked for their involvement in the attack.

Recall that in New Zealand the unknown made a fire in two mosques in the city of Christchurch. As a result of the terrorist attack in New Zealand on 15 March killed at least 50 people, another 48 were injured. The attackers have 3 men and a woman. O nce a day of prayer in the mosque of al-Nur and Masjid Linwood armed men entered and started shooting. At this point in the mosques were 200 and 300 people. The shooting lasted about 20 minutes, said witnesses.

“One of the armed men first targeted the men’s room, and then moved on to women. I just waited and prayed: “God, let this man run out of bullets,” – said a witness of the incident.

One of the attackers broadcasted a video of the shooting of people in a social network. The footage recorded, as a man drove up in a beige car in the mosque of al-Nur and parked it on the adjacent road. The video shows that in the front seat and in the trunk of a car is a weapon, ammunition and cans of gasoline. The man got out of the car, took the gun and entered the mosque. The first victim he shot in the door and started shooting randomly into the crowd in front. After that the man came outside and opened fire at the cars that drove by. Next to the building came the second attacker, which is checked, are the ones that survived, and again opened fire.

Striker came out of the mosque, shot a woman on the street and got into his car. After that he fired at a car that almost ran into his car, and fled the scene.

Police urged residents to try not to go out. And the Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern called the event “one of the darkest days in New Zealand”.