Unfortunately, this is not the one that you wait for several weeks already, but rather these little intruders who sneak in without invitation in all the rooms of your house.
They came back in force and many tips exist to eliminate them or to take them away from the house so that they bloom in the garden and not in the living room.
The lemon wedges of very ripe, of wadding soaked with vinegar, a few drops of essential oil of peppermint, one bunch of fresh mint, and the cloves of garlic, peeled filed in the cabinets away from the ants. Repeat every ten days for good results.
Destroy the nests or trapping
- Place on their path of small mounds of corn starch. Attracted by this product, the ants will make their feast, and bring to the nest. Corn starch, bulking up in their stomach, will become fatal.
- Mix equal parts of borax, a product as sweet as the corn syrup, honey, maple syrup or icing sugar to one part water to create a viscous mixture, but not too liquid. Install these baits where the ants are circulating so that they can feed. Above all, resist the temptation to kill these ants that are hungry. They must bring this food back to the nest to eliminate the entire colony.
- Make a trap to lure them by mixing 125 ml (1/2 cup) molasses 60 ml (1/4 cup) of sugar and 60 ml (1/4 cup) of yeast bread. Place a small amount of this mixture on a sheet of cardboard on the ground, in the places where the ants are travelling. In no time, you will see the ants running around the buffet improvised. You just have to slide your trap into a trash bag and drop it off at the outside of the house.
To the outside of the house
- Add water to the soil and the entry of the nest with a solution consisting of 1 litre of Bleach to 10 litres of cold water. This solution quickly destroyed the nest of ants.
- The ideal would be to dig the ground when you locate a nest of ants to reach the heart of the nest where the lodge ” the queen “. Watch the back-and-forth around this ant much larger than the workers. If you can eliminate the queen, all the other ants leave the anthill.
The small spiders
- Generally in the house, these small spiders live in the join of a wall and ceiling or on the molding of the doors. They do not weave webs. Use a broom or a soft brush to dislodge them.
- In the basement, the spiders are attracted to moisture can weave their canvas. You can catch these spiders by using a jar and releasing them to the outside of the house. They will swallow the soft food of the insect pests in your garden.
- Spiders do not like the smell of tomato leaves. Drop-in around windows where you discover webs, and spiders.
Money fish in closets
- Thus shall ye separate the silverfish, commonly known as money fish, by putting a few cloves into an orange or a lemon. Once the fruit is dried, place it in your closets. Its pleasant aroma will repel the little beasts side.
- The liquid soap also hunt for those unwanted. Spraying the baseboards of the room where they find refuge.
A pigeon… on the balcony
It is better to keep their distance from these birds who have been in the habit of landing on your balcony or the ledge of your windows. Spray abundantly the surfaces of vinegar. Repeat the operation on a daily basis. In a short time, the pigeons will desert your environment.
Taken from the new book The Manual of the house clean
- Welcome the beautiful little ladybugs in your garden, because they love aphids and red spider. In a single day, a ladybug can eat up to 50 aphids.
- The squirrels greedy attack the bird feeders. To discourage them, coat the pole of the feeder and the wire support with petroleum jelly. The squirrels will slip before reaching their goal.
- Prepare the following recipe to keep away woodchucks, raccoons, and company : put in 1 litre (4 cups) of water 1 chopped onion, 1 clove of garlic and 15 ml (1 tbsp) Cayenne pepper. Leave to infuse this potion for a week in a closed container (pot, Mason). As you can see, this potion is very fragrant. Spray the earth by drawing a perfectly straight line all around the garden, the contours of the garden shed and the places visited by these little intruders.