Every year on the third Friday of March, most countries in the world celebrate a special holiday – Day of Sleep.
It is no secret that a third of life a person spends in a dream. Sleep is an integral part of life. It energizes, enables the body to relax and recharge your batteries.
Every year on the third Friday of March, most countries in the world celebrate a special holiday – Day of Sleep. It was initiated by the International Association of Sleep Medicine in several countries of Europe, America and Asia. Despite the recent history (the holiday was established in 2008 ), it is becoming increasingly popular. Celebrate it is not only a strong dream in this day of medical associations and companies to tell about everything that is connected with sleep. It can be drugs, education, discoveries in the field of sleep physiology, social aspects of dream psychology dreams and the like. All this is done to draw people’s attention to problems and diseases associated with sleep. It is estimated that a third of the adult population suffers from clinical insomnia and other varieties of sleep disorders. This leads to increased risk of disease. Obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure – all of which can be the consequence of lack of sleep. Up to 40% of the world population suffers from some form of sleep and it negatively affects the functions of the immune system, the endocrine system, a bad influence on metabolism and cognitive processes, informs Rus.Media.
There are 10 “commandments of sleep” to be followed for the prevention of sleep disorders:
1. Go to bed every day at the same time. The same applies to awakening.
2. Limit NAPs to half an hour.
3. Do not drink alcohol and do not smoke 4 hours before bedtime.
4. Do not consume products that contain caffeine 6 hours before bedtime. This includes not only coffee, but also tea, Cola and chocolate.
5. Avoid drinking high-calorie, spicy, sweet food before bedtime.
6. Before going to sleep is to refrain from physical activity.
7. Sleep in a comfortable bed.
8. Before bedtime ventilate the room and maintain a comfortable temperature for you.
9. Try to eliminate all unnecessary noises and dim lighting.
10. Do not work, do not eat, do not read lying on the bed. Let your bed be a place to sleep.
Sleep disturbance leads to serious economic and social problems. Healthy sleep is a required element of a full, active and happy life. In order to emphasize the importance of the problems associated with sleep, and had created this occasion.