The City of Quebec wants to make new archaeological inventory on 13 locations along the route of the tram.
This is what can be read in a call for tenders for professional services in archaeology published on Monday morning. Companies have until 23 July to submit their offers.
The 13 locations are divided into two lots: the first includes nine sites located in the right of way to all traffic. The second of four locations outside of the public road (see the detailed list below).
“Identify, document and quantify”
It is a matter for the municipality, “following the recommendations of the study of specific potential carried out for the tramway (Ethnoscop 2020) and to validate the presence of archaeological sites identified in the framework of this study. The archaeological inventory is needed to identify the real potential, document and quantify”.
According to a preliminary timeline, the municipality believes that the contract will expire at the end of march 2021. “However, because of the containment measures imposed by the pandemic of COVID-19, the dates of execution of the contract could be adjusted accordingly,” warns one. Some inventories may therefore be made in the spring of 2021.
The 13 locations selected for archaeological excavations
Lot 1 (in the direction of the traffic lanes)
- Street located in the northern half of the boulevard René-Lévesque West, facing the cemetery Beth Israel (2052, boulevard René-Lévesque West)
- Intersection of boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest and chemin Gomin: site: OKill-Stuart
- Location facing 1150, boulevard Rene-Levesque (Collège Saint-Charles-Garnier)
- Location on the east side of the intersection of boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest and the avenue Belvedere: site Russell
- Location on the east side of the intersection of boulevard René-Lévesque and West of Brown avenue
- Location at the intersection of boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest and the avenue Moncton
- Location at the intersection of boulevard René-Lévesque Ouest and the avenue of Maples
- Location in the sector of the future pole of Saint-Roch
- Location near the bridge Drouin/park street Boats
Lot 2 (outside of the public road)
- A location near the boulevard of the Boiler
- A location in the hold of the stretch of woodland that was once in the south of the chemin Gomin
- A location on the edge of 41st Street, in front of the 2nd Avenue West (farm Dorion)
- The terminus of Charlesbourg
Source: Call for tenders