To the Ukrainian-Israeli friendship was also joined by Latvia.
14 November took place the meeting of the Interparliamentary friendship group “Ukraine-Israel” and “Ukraine-Latvia”. This reports the press service of the Honorary Consulate of Israel in Western region of Ukraine.
The meeting was attended by parliamentarians, Ambassador extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Israel in Ukraine, Joel Lyon, Ambassador extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Latvia in Ukraine, Juris Poikans, and Honorary Consul of Israel in Western region of Ukraine Oleg Vishnyakov. During the speech, Oleg Vishnyakov said that diplomatic relations between Ukraine and Israel must continue to develop, because in addition to mutually beneficial projects between the two countries, they share also that Israel is home to more than 500 thousand immigrants from Ukraine.
– Relationships are built primarily between people. Who is not an Israeli who immigrated, or his relatives lived in Ukraine, to support the Ukrainian, who just has relatives in Israel?! These two countries are in similar situations in the sphere of security and at the same time committed to economic development. To stability. To the world. So why don’t we be friends?! Over the past five years, I’m doing my part to relations between Ukraine and Israel were warm, safe and beneficial. I hope that Alexander Kunitsky and Daniel Getmantsev co – chair of the parliamentary Friendship group for international relations with Israel would make the relationship between our great countries even stronger – said Oleg Vishnyakov.
At the meeting, have not paid attention to events in Israel the last days. Turned out to be a difficult few days for the Israelis, who were under fire from terrorists from Gaza.
– Those who live or have been in the East of Ukraine, know how it is. Ukraine supports Israel in its difficult struggle. I think all those present at the meeting, as I do, Israel the peaceful sky. And all the Israelis want the same for Ukraine. – said Oleg Vishnyakov Honorary Consul of Israel in Western region of Ukraine.
Ambassador extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Israel in Ukraine, Joel Lyon also drew attention to the aggravation of confrontation of Israel with terrorist organizations.
– We don’t care what they want to kill us, said Joel lion, after greeting the audience in the Ukrainian language – We continue to build our country, we continue to strive for one simple thing – for life. We export tulips to the Netherlands and perfume in France. Yes, we have a war, missiles and it is difficult for us, but we don’t care. We do everything we can to improve the lives of our citizens and to build their country.
Co-chair of the Interparliamentary group of friendship “Ukraine-Israel” Daniel Getmantsev during his speech expressed the hope that soon the war and danger, which are also common to the Ukraine and Israel – will be replaced by a peaceful life.
– We do this for our country was not only war, where the Israelis and the Ukrainians a lot of time. We still hurt. We want to have together developed economy, subjectivity in the international arena, it was the smiles of happy people. We’re working on it. And we will come to that, – said Mr. Getmantsev.
– Our President, too, has Jewish roots. His name is Egils levitra, later said Ambassador of the Republic of Latvia Juris Pounces, I very much hope that this will help us strengthen relations between our countries.
In addition, Ambassador Pinkas announced the imminent visit of the Chairman of the friendship group “Latvia-Ukraine” in Kiev, which will take place on 26 November.