The singer recalled that the parliamentary elections on open party lists was promised by the coalition and the current President.
The soloist of group “Ocean Elzy” the singer Svyatoslav Vakarchuk believes that the next parliamentary elections in Ukraine needs to adopt a new Electoral code, informs Rus.Media.
“The coming parliamentary elections must be held on a fully proportional system of open regional list with only the party nomination,” he writes.
The essence of this system Vakarchuk schematically outlined as:
– A majoritarian electoral system is abolished as such;
– Instead of 225 “majoritarian” districts are formed regional 27, the boundaries of which largely coincide with the boundaries of the regions;
– To nominate candidates shall be entitled only to the party;
– To participate in the elections, the party formed a national list and be sure to distribute all the candidates with him on the regional lists and one candidate may be included in only one regional list;
– In each region the party must nominate at least 5 candidates;
– Voter going to the polls, receives a newsletter, where you enter a batch number and a candidate who supports;
– In the Parliament are candidates from those parties which win threshold in total across the country. “So the leader of the party in a closed office, and voters determine where a particular candidate in the party lists. This makes the lists open,” – said Vakarchuk.
In his opinion, this will prevent the bribing of voters and complicate the use of administrative resources will reduce the probability of betrayal of the interests of voters deputies by joining other factions, and will increase the chances to get into Parliament politicians of the “new quality”.
In addition, the singer recalled that the parliamentary elections on open party lists was promised by the coalition and the current President.