This cake does not contain butter and eggs, so is ideal for menu during lent.
2019 lent lasts seven weeks before Easter and it began on March 11. During this period, many are trying to stick to a certain diet and eat all sorts of grains, legumes and vegetables. To make it easier to make up your Lenten menu, please find the recipe of vegetable manna with cherries, which can be served for Breakfast, informs Rus.Media.
- Semolina – 1 Cup
- Water – 3/4 Cup
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- A little flour
- Cherries, frozen, pitted – 300 g
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 tsp
- Powdered sugar
Method of preparation:
- Mix semolina, sugar and water. Leave for half an hour to croup are swollen.
- After 30 minutes, add to the dough baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Then add a little flour to make a batter the consistency of thick cream.
- To put it in a pan with non-stick coating. If necessary, the form may be lightly oiled.
- Top evenly distribute the cherries (berries must be thawed and drained of excess juice).
- Manna bake for 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees.
- The finished cake sprinkle with sifted powdered sugar.
Manna, it turns out very tender and tasty.