Ingress of foreign matter into the human body a lot of inconvenience and can lead to injury. It is therefore necessary to take action if your ear got even plain water.
In life there are moments when the ear is exposed to water, which is not so easy to get rid of. And so you have to walk so a couple of days until the water completely evaporates. However, you should know that the water that got into the passages of the ears, is often the provocateur of otitis media and other ENT-diseases, informs Rus.Media.
Causes water to enter the hearing
The problem occurs in the following cases:
- accumulates sulfur and formed tube. According to statistics, it is formed in approximately 70% children and 30% adults. If the fluid retained in the ear, the tube begins to increase in size, thereby firmly plugging the ear canal. At this point you feel that the body hurts and is inflamed.
- after suffering otitis media in the eardrum appear holes. In this case, the water may get from external bodies in the middle and cause otitis media.
- moisture gets into the middle ear. This happens if water gets through the nose. Between the nasal cavity and the ear is a narrow passageway called the Eustachian tube. It equalizes the pressure on both sides of the eardrum. Therefore, in the tube the water flows from the nose to the middle ear, causing congestion. Bacteria that can get together with the liquid can cause the development of inflammation.
- the walls of the ear canal is very sensitive. In this case, the shampoo or the chlorine may cause irritation. This skin is very sensitive to bacteria. As a result, after contact with water develops otitis externa.
How to remove water from ears
It all depends on which Department got the liquid. If she was in the outer ear, you will feel that it is poured in the vessel. In this situation it is necessary to tilt the head so that the tube hearing took a vertical position. Under the action of gravity the liquid will flow out.
To enhance the effect, you can jump on one foot.
There is another method, which is based on the principle of the pump. To do this, firmly press the palm to the ears, creating a vacuum layer, and sharply lower.
Another simple method, which will help with the problem of getting rid of ear moisture. For this you need to go to bed laid face down and to keep swallowing. The place where you are must be absolutely flat. If you have wool, twist it in the flagellum and insert into the ear that water is absorbed into the material. In any case, do not use cotton swabs, they will damage the membrane and cause complications.
From water in the ears can be eliminated as follows:
- first, just jump on one leg – the left, if the fluid in the left ear and Vice versa. You can lie on your side and a little lie down, the moisture needs to drain itself;
- if these methods doesn’t help, tilt the head to the place where the water was on top and drip a few drops of warm boric alcohol. If it’s not, take a simple alcohol. In this position you need to keep your head for 20-30 seconds. The alcoholic liquid will evaporate faster, and therefore, this method is quite effective. If at first the water is not gone, repeat the procedure again;
- if alcohol is not at hand, drip into the ear more water with a pipette or her hands. Sitting with his head bowed for 1-2 minutes. The liquid acts as an air tube, which is mainly affected by this problem;
- if no water comes out long enough and you feel discomfort, lie on a warm heating pad or a bag of warm salt. With the heat the water will evaporate faster and the congestion will disappear. If the ears have any sharp pain, please contact Laura to avoid negative consequences.
What to do if water got in the ears and they hurt
If afterwards you feel discomfort in the ears and hearing has deteriorated, so, they hit the water.
There are several ways to get rid of it:
- lie so that the affected ear was from the bottom or try to jump on his leg, tilting his head to the side, so that the liquid flowed;
- if the desired effect is not received, take a deep breath, then hold your nose with your fingers and exhale with the mouth. When there is pressure to remove moisture will be easier;
- try to perform circular movements with the jaw at the following path – forward – down – back – up. When you do this, keep yourself behind the earlobe;
- use of hydrogen peroxide. Drip a few drops in your ears and wait. The peroxide will evaporate very quickly, and with it excess moisture.
Do not dry the water with a hair dryer. It will cause harm to your ears. Do not delay your visit to doctor, if pain persists longer than 3 days. If water gets into the ears of children and bring it does not work, contact your specialist within a day.
What if water got in the ear and not coming out?
In this case, apply methods to resolve this problem:
- move your head from side to side, lower a sore ear to shoulder and hit the opposite ear with your palm, but not much;
- try to use pressure. To do this, put your hands together, apply them to the ear and sharply down, as if pushing the air inside. Pour water into the dropper, drip, wait for 5 seconds. Then turn and lean down, all the liquid will come out;
- help drops that you can buy at the pharmacy. Advise the seller what drugs are best to use;
- imagine that you are chewing food, and do the same movements like a squirrel, while tilting your head in different directions;
- try to chew gum or yawn. It is not strange, but yawning pushes water out of the ears and relieves stress. Also, the use of normal chewing gum releases the Eustachian tube in the ear and the water will remain.
In order to prevent ingress of liquid into the ears while bathing, use special protective earplugs.