This dough for cakes custard.
It’s coming slower than usual, and you will spend more time and effort. But the cakes turn out very tasty and very long time not stale.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 800 grams of flour;
- 70 g of yeast;
- 5 eggs;
- 250 ml of milk;
- 200 ml cream;
- 150 GRS of butter;
- 3-4 tbsp vegetable oil;
- 1.5 cups of sugar;
- 1 Cup raisins;
- candied fruits (optional);
- sachet of vanilla sugar;
- 1 tsp salt;
- zest of 1 lemon.
Here’s what you need to do to prepare the Foundation for the dough:
All products in advance, remove from refrigerator to room temperature.
- 100 ml milk dissolve the yeast, add 1 tsp sugar and 1-2 tbsp flour. Mix all and put in a warm place.
- Flour sift. 2-3 tbsp flour and milk, knead the batter.
- Place the bowl with the dough on the fire and cook until thick, stirring constantly flexing and lumps.
- Remove the mixture from heat, pour in the warm cream and stir, then let cool to room temperature.
- Mix the dough with the dough and put in a warm place for 1-2 hours.
Here’s what to do next:
- Yolks pound with salt, plain and vanilla sugar.
- Add the billet yolks, melted butter and vegetable oil.
- Separately, whip the whites in a solid foam and a lush, enter them into the dough.
- Now knead the dough, gradually adding flour.
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for 2 hours. Then add the lemon zest, raisins and candied fruit. Leave for another 30 minutes.
Here’s how to bake Viennese cakes:
- Form grease with oil, sprinkle with breadcrumbs or flour.
- Spoon the batter into molds, filling them on 1/3.
- Wait until the dough forms a little rise, then submit them to the oven, preheated to 180 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
- Try not to open the oven door the first 30 minutes.